Technical Officer (Engineer) New Job Vacancy 2023 in HELVETAS, INGO Jobs, INGO Career, INGO Jobs in Nepal 2023, Jobs in Sindhupalchok, Technical Officer Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Architecture Engineer Jobs, Civil Engineer Jobs, Job Vacancy will be discussed here with full details.
Technical Officer (Open for All)
|Required No||2 (two)|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in Architecture|
|Published On||19 Aug, 2023|
|Application Deadline||03 Sep, 2023|
- Job purpose:
- Provide technical assistance to restoration works of houses in Helambu Rural Municipality and Melamchi Municipality;
- Collaborate with project stakeholders, government stakeholders, and beneficiaries and maintain effective communication with them throughout the project lifecycle;
- Ensure timely monitoring, site management and quality reports of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementation of Policies, Guidelines and Manuals
- Adhere relevant policies, rules, regulations and guidelines of HELVETAS Nepal (Code of Conduct; NPR-Nepal; Finance Manual; Security Response Guide; Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Guide; Mobbing, Sexual Harassment & Abuse of Authority; Code of Conduct Against Corruption; Conflict Sensitive Programme Management, Basic Operating Guideline etc.);
- Ensure Conflict Sensitive Programme Management at all levels;
- Ensure compliance of all the terms and conditions agreed between HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation Nepal and the local partner.
- Project Implementation and Management
- Lead the detailed technical assessment of existing condition of houses located at Helambu Rural Municipality and Melamchi Municipality;
- Supervise, guide and mobilize the field technicians from partner organization in restoration works of the houses;
- Plan and coordinate for the implementation of the strengthening activities in coordination with Team Leader, Contract Management Manager, field technicians, social mobilizers and the local contractors;
- Supervise the restoration work conducted by the contractors for ensuring that it is according to the agreed design and specification;
- Plan and coordinate with partner organization and the beneficiaries for collection of local materials and its proper storage;
- Plan and coordinate with Contract Management Manger and Finance and Administrative Manager for procurement and timely delivery of construction materials which are not available locally;
- Conduct capacity building activities (provide orientation, technical guidance, trainings) to Field Technicians and local contractors;
- Design safety mechanisms to reduce accidents at project sites and be responsible for its realization;
- Keep updated field information of renovation activities in the field;
- Ensure verification of quantity and quality of the materials supplied by the vendors;
- Ensure verification of quantity and quality of the locally sourced materials collected by the beneficiaries;
- Keep tract of the progress and ensure timely uploading the data in the project monitoring system;
- Assist contract management manager in settling if any contract issues arise during the course of the project implementation.
- Project Monitoring, Supervision, Documentation and Reporting
- Coordinate with Team Leader and provide required information for planning and reporting;
- Ensure timely implementation of project activities with quality standard confirming to Helvetas and Government of Nepal;
- Monitor progress of restoration/strengthening process with frequent site visits and report Team Leader if any issue arises;
- Assist Team Leader to deliver quality reports on time;
- Assist Team Leader, Contract Management Manager and Admin and Finance Manager in maintaining accurate records of all contract-related documents, including correspondence, invoices, and change orders;
- Participate in the process for development of team meetings, monthly reports, progress reports etc.;
- Ensure adherence of good governance practices in planning, implementation and monitoring of project activities;
- Ensure proper documentation of project experiences, best practices, case stories, challenges and lessons learned.
- Coordination, Representation and Networking
- Maintain good relationship within the team, in house projects/staff, partner and stakeholders to contribute in achieving the goals and objectives of the project;
- Coordinate and collaborate closely with the Palika and ward level authorities, partner NGO and other relevant organizations;
- Ensure that all project stakeholders are kept informed of contract status and progress.
- Other specific responsibilities as assigned
- Professionally discharge other mutually agreed tasks assigned by the project management or Team Leader including knowledge management related tasks;
- Be proactive in bringing innovations and taking new initiatives in the project and the organization.
Required Education, Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Required Education/ Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Civil Engineering with minimum three years of working experience in the field of implementation of rural infrastructure (community and private housing, school building etc.).
- Work experience related to community master plan, governance, emergency response and rehabilitation will be an advantage.
- Required Competencies
- Strong understanding regarding restoration/strengthening of low strength masonry houses
- Field experience in supervision of construction activities
- Good understanding of the national reconstruction programme
- Understanding of conflict sensitive programme management
- Understands principles of good governance
- Result oriented personality
- Very good time management
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, AutoCAD)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to resolve conflicts
- Willingness and availability to be based in remote areas
- Commitment towards gender equality, social inclusion and poverty reduction
- Excellent interpersonal, inter-cultural competencies, strong motivator and team player
- Strong networking skills, ability to link various actors and institutions
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and willingness to adapt as per project needs
- Fluency in Nepali and English, both written and oral
- Excellent reporting and writing skills
- Telephone enquiries will not be entertained. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further screening process. HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation Nepal reserves the right to reject any or all applications.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are requested to visit our website at: http://apply.helvetas.org.np and submit an application through the online portal. The detailed job descriptions are available on the website.
HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation Nepal promotes workforce diversity and applies positive discrimination to women candidates and candidates from Dalit, Janajati, Madhesi/Terai, and other minority communities.
(Note: We simply posted this job opening for informational purposes. So, please read the information and submit an application using the website or email address provided.)
Connects with Our Social Media
|Join in Telegram Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in WhatsApp Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Facebook Page||JOIN NOW|
|Join in YouTube Channel||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Viber Group||JOIN NOW|