Agriculture JTA Job Vacancy in Community Self Reliance Center (CSRC) Rasuwa, Join Community Self Reliance Center (CSRC) Rasuwa District as Junior Technical Assistant in Agriculture and make a difference in land and agrarian rights in Local Community of Uttargaya Rural Municipality. Agriculture Jobs, Junior Technical Jobs, JTA Job Opportunity, Agrarian Rights, CSRC Nepal, Land Rights, Nepal Employment, Rasuwa District, Remote Work in Nepal, NGO Job Opportunity, NGO Career, Technical Jobs in NGO, Job Vacancy will be discussed here with full details.
Job Vacancy Post
Community Self Reliance Centre (CSRC) is a national NGO working on land and agrarian rights issues since 1993. CSRC has been implementing “Improve the livelihood and economic status of the populations of the communities from the Rural Municipality of Uttargaya through the promotion of commercial agricultural practices” project.
This project aims at improving the livelihood strategies of 300 small holder farmers in fifteen communities of Uttargaya rural municipality of Rasuwa district through the production of off seasonal vegetables and proper conservation of local crops. The project is also designed to strengthen the land rights campaigns initiated by the Land Rights Forum in Rasuwa district. To successfully implement this project, CSRC is recruiting a Junior Technical Assistant (JTA) Agriculture for the project implemented area.
|Position||Junior Technical Assistant (JTA) Agriculture|
|Supervisor/Principal Evaluator||1) Field Coordinator,|
|Duty Location||Uttargaya Rural Municipality, Rasuwa|
|Grade||Contract Staff/ E8|
|Period||1 December 2023- 31 June 2024|
Purpose of the Position
The Community Self Reliance Centre (CSRC) has been campaigning for comprehensive agrarian reform and the land rights of working farmers and tillers for almost three decades. Through this time, CSRC has worked to organize and raise consciousness amongst those deprived of land rights, build public opinion in favour of progressive land reform, and conduct action research related to land and agrarian issues.
Improve the livelihood and economic status of the populations of the communities from the Rural Municipality of Uttargaya through the promotion of commercial agricultural practices project aims at improving the livelihood strategies of 300 small holder farmers in fifteen communities of Uttargaya rural municipality through the production of off seasonal vegetables and proper conservation of local crops. The project is also designed to strengthen the land rights campaigns initiated by the Land Rights Forum in Rasuwa district.
JTA (Agriculture) will be responsible for the extension, communication, and training of farmers; diagnosis of agriculture-related problems and needs; providing solutions to the problems, implementing resilient livelihood interventions, and assisting community facilitators to implement project activities. Under the overall guidance of the Field Coordinator and close coordination with CSRC’s central colleagues s/he should work closely with local representatives, project’s beneficiaries. He or she should empower the community people about family farming and agroecology.
More specifically, s/he will be responsible for the following tasks:
A. Major Responsibilities:
- Support to field coordinator for the implementation of planeed activities.
- Support local community farmers to promote and preserve indigenous seeds and establish proper mechanisms for storage/establish seed banks.
- Facilitate farmer’s training activities. Carry out indigenous crop, seed, fruit, and vegetable production activities/climate resilience sustainable agriculture.
- Provide on-site technical support to farmers of targeted communities and other smallholder farmers through door to door visit to the communities.
- Perform activities related to post-harvest, micro-enterprise development, and marketing of agriculture products.
- Facilitate regular farmers’ meetings and identify issues, and support to access local government resources.
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by an organization and line manager as relevant to subjective matters.
- Prepare periodic reports including event completion reports in appropriate reporting templates and submit to the line manager periodically
B. Maintain cross-cutting issues.
- Ensure the cross-cutting issues of GEDSI, Safeguarding, Good Governance, Conflict of Interest mitigation, Anti-corruption and conflict transformation and others in a project implementation and personal life.
- As a member of CSRC, contribute to overall organizational vision, mission, goals and core values of the organization
- Building a good relationship with District Land Rights Forum (DLRF) for land campaign and advocacy
Preferred Qualifications and Experiences
- Should have completed Junior Technical Assistant (JTA) course in agriculture from a recognized institution.
- At least one year of continuous experience working as a JTA in agriculture.
- Experience working and coordinating with local authorities and other local stakeholders.
- Willingness to work in remote areas and to work under challenging conditions.
Interested and qualified individuals meeting requirements set for the position may apply with updated resume to email@example.com by November 12, 2023. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written exam and interview. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
Contact Information of CSRC
Community Self Reliance Center (CSRC)
Location: PO Box 19790 Tokha-7, Dhapasi, Kathmandu Nepal
Telephone:+ (00) 977 01-4960486/4957005/4957033
(Note: We simply posted this job opening for informational purposes. So, please read the information and submit an application using the website or email address provided.)
Connects with Our Social Media
|Join in Telegram Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in WhatsApp Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Facebook Page||JOIN NOW|
|Join in YouTube Channel||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Viber Group||JOIN NOW|