British Embassy Job Vacancy 2023 for Programme Support Office, Administrative Officer, Embassy Jobs in Nepal, Vacancy in Embassy in Nepal 2023, British Embassy Job Vacancy Nepal, Vacancy in Kathmandu, Full-Time Jobs, Permanent Jobs, Job Vacancy will be discussed here with full details.
British Embassy Job Vacancy 2023 for Administrative Officer (AO)
Position: Administrative Officer (AO)-Programme Support Office – Green Growth Group, BE Kathmandu
|Application deadline||27 September 2023|
|Grade||Administrative Officer (AO)|
|Job Category||Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Programme Roles)|
|Type of Position||Full-time, Permanent|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in any field|
|Experience||Minimum 3 years of working experience|
|Working hours per week||36 hours excluding lunch break|
|Region||South Asia & Afghanistan|
|Type of Post||British Embassy|
|Number of vacancies||1|
|Start Date||1 November 2023|
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities):
Main purpose of job:
As part of this process, AO Programme Support officer will be appointed within the Green Growth Group. The successful candidate needs to provide efficient administrative/logistics support to team members. The applicant should be able to clearly demonstrate his/her ability to work within a team. The successful candidate should be able to work independently, have a positive attitude to learning and be flexible in taking on more/different roles within the team
Roles and responsibilities:
Effective Administrative Support
- Provide logistical and organisational support to colleagues as appropriate, including for high level meetings/conferences/team away days and visits by HQ staff and other key visitors (e.g. providing general admin and logistics support for setting up appointments, hotel and vehicle bookings, managing materials, and arranging lunch/refreshments).
- Prepare Induction Programmes for new arrivals in consultation with Team Leader/Programme Manager and arrange internal and external meetings.
- Provide logistics support to programme team during Annual Review and Project Completion Review.
- Handle logistics for GGG – Group Head work related travel, keep electronic diary up to date and bringing to her attention items for urgent action.
- Manage team travel and leave plans.
- Provide secretarial assistance including typing minutes and documents when required.
- Draft standard correspondence, as required.
Programme Delivery Support:
- Provide Support to Programme Management team including the Team Leader, SRO and PRO.
- Provide administrative support to team members, especially Lead Programme Managers/Officer on specific programmes/projects implemented by the team in compliance with procedures. Tasks include drafting project related correspondence, preparation of project supporting documents, liaising with Headquarters regarding payments and assisting in the procurement process of contracts.
- Assist Lead Programme Managers/Officers to ensure inventory and assets are maintained as per guidelines; seek timely returns from programmes and make spot checks on inventory.
- Assist Lead Programme Managers/Officers to track payment milestones and ensuring timely receipt of invoices; maintaining accurate financial records.
- Ensure that proper electronic filing for easy and effective information retrieval. (Teamsite). Ensure that key programme documents are published in the Development Tracker.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in similar area preferably in development organizations
- Experience in program management support would be desirable.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and team working skills.
- Positive attitude with willingness to learn.
- Flexible in taking on more/different roles within the team.
- Fluency in English and Nepali (written and spoken)
Required behaviours: Making Effective Decisions, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Working Together
Other benefits and conditions of employment:
The BEK is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to increments and staff bonuses. We have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
Around half of our work forces are women. We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment.
This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCDO has anywhere across the globe. We are aiming to make it the best.
Note: All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the complete online application form including the employment and educational details, motivational segment and behaviour/technical competency questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the application forms only for all the required details. Forms that are incomplete in any respect will not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.
For British Embassy candidates, the FCDO Country Based Staff BHC Terms & Conditions will apply.
Basic Salary will be NPR 94,155 per month plus 10% provident fund Contribution.
To ensure a successful application it is important that you explain how you demonstrate these behaviours, including through your experience. You are strongly advised to read the Success Profiles Civil Service Behaviours Framework,, which provides detailed guidance on how the behaviours are defined and the standards expected for this position.
Please go through the technical competency framework before completing the technical questions: FCDO technical competency frameworks – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Applicants are encouraged to use the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) format to prepare specific examples of when they have demonstrated these behaviours in their application. Using the STAR format to provide evidence of your skills and experience in your application and at interview helps to give a structure. You briefly describe the situation in which you showed the behaviour, and then explain your task in addressing the situation, what action you took and the result of this.
Please note applications without (a) and (b) will not be considered.
- a) Complete the Online Job Application Form.
- b) Complete the motivation segment in the Online Application Form and the behaviour questions.
Internal candidates applying for this position should also inform their current line managers, and check for the eligibility clause, if on probation, else the applications will not be considered.
- We will accept only online applications by “27th September 2023” till 23:55hrs NST.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 2 months of the application deadline, and no telephone/email enquiries regarding the status of application will be dealt with. You may check your application status online.
- Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, medical, educational and professional.
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Country Based Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.
(Note: We simply posted this job opening for informational purposes. So, please read the information and submit an application using the website or email address provided.)
Connects with Our Social Media
|Join in Telegram Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in WhatsApp Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Facebook Page||JOIN NOW|
|Join in YouTube Channel||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Viber Group||JOIN NOW|