British Gurkhas Nepal (BGN) Vacancy 2023 for Fridge Mechanic Post — Fridge Mechanic Job Opportunity 2023 at British Gurkhas Nepal (BGN) for Pokhara and Kathmandu with Attractive Salary and Benefits. Fridge Mechanic Job, British Gurkhas Nepal Vacancy, Defense Infrastructure Organization, Mechanical Engineering Jobs, Nepal Employment, Vacancy in Kathmandu and Pokhara, Career at British Gurkhas Nepal, Job Vacancy will be discussed here with full details.
Post: Fridge Mechanic (Grade – SZ3)
|Vacancy Type||Internal & External|
|Ogranisation||British Gurkhas Nepal (BGN), UK Ministry of Defence|
|Issued date||10 Nov 2023|
|Location||HQ BGN , British Gurkhas Nepal , Nepal|
|No. Of Vacancies||2 British Gurkhas Kathmandu and British Gurkhas Pokhara|
|Application Deadline||Apply before 30 Nov 23|
|Salary||84,527.00 NPR per month (Permanent)|
Short Information About Job
Defense Infrastructure Organization (Nepal) (DIO(N)) British Gurkhas Kathmandu has 38 civilian staff who provide technical/ engineering support to BGK, BGP & BG Dharan. The department’s primary output is the delivery of new infrastructure and the management and maintenance of existing infrastructure, including electrical distribution systems, mechanical plant, water treatment facilities, boilers, heating plant and other critical life support infrastructure in support of HQ BGN in Nepal.
In BGN our civilians underpin and facilitate our ability to recruit Gurkhas into the British Army. In BGN we believe your unique experiences, view and understanding of the world could provide a vital perspective and contribution to our work.
We recognise that great minds do not think alike and are striving to increase our diversity representation at all levels. As an equal opportunities employer we hire, train, and promote people based on merit and inspire to create an inclusive workplace free of discrimination. We also offer flexible working arrangements such as flexitime, job share and compressed hours.
- All job adverts in BGN are subject to fair and open competition.
- This position is advertised at 40 hours per week.
- Repair and maintain sectional cold storage units, package & split type air conditioning, domestic & commercial type refrigeration appliances, domestic gas cookers, gas heaters and heat pumps refrigeration system including Brazing welding set and Arc welding set.
- Carry out reactive planned maintenance of static and mobile cold storage equipment, air-conditioning equipment and Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) appliances including Brazing welding set and Arc welding set; updating the Planned Maintenance Logbooks.
- Support line management in their tasks, including deputizing for them when required.
- Decide methods of repair and materials needed for the task, the serviceability of equipment, to assist decision-making, usually those made by Line Manager relating to operational or process matters considering Health and Safety aspect and ensuring errors are likely to result in a waste of resources, delays in the delivery of products or services, and a reduction in quality standards affecting schedules and output mainly in own work area. Give advice and recommendations when equipment is beyond economic repair.
- Carry out all the necessary testing, inspection, installation, repair and maintenance of the refrigeration LPG installations/equipment in accordance with F Gas and ODS Regulations and pressure system regulation as amended.
- Safely and efficiently operate small electrical portable power tools, arc welding, gas welding (brazing) and static bench power tools.
- Work and organize own tasks, problems, rectification of faults using a range of technical knowledge including scope to make minor alterations to work processes to achieve quicker or better results with little or no supervision of line manager (Foreman).
- Any other tasks commensurate with grade and competence, as directed by line management.
You will be an individual with energy, enthusiasm and experience who will relish the opportunity of working in BGN and thrive in a challenging environment. Fridge Mechanic follows the instruction given by the Line Manager adhere to Job Description for guidance and contribute diligently towards the team. Must be able to demonstrate the Behaviours which is available as a link below.
Success Profiles (click here to learn about Behaviours required for this job)
Requirements for Fridge Mechanic Post
- Applicant should have served a minimum of 3 years as a Fridge Mechanic, Fridge Mechanic’s mate, or have served a recognised apprenticeship as a Fridge Mechanic or be able to demonstrate experience up to the equivalent standard.
- Candidate should hold three years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- You should have good written/spoken English and Nepali language skills.
- Proven experience, qualifications, and training is preferable for this role to deliver the job responsibility effectively and efficiently.
- You will be assessed on your engineering skills through a Practical Assessment and English Language skills to qualify for interviews during the sifting and selection process.
Basic Required Behaviors
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process: Click this link: Success Profiles
- Changing and Improving
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
- Delivering at Pace
Benefits & Working Environment
- Salary: 84,527.00 NPR per month (Permanent).
- Gratuity after completing 3 years’ service.
- Dashain Bonus & Retirement Funds (EPF & CIT).
- Annual leave 25 days and public holidays 10 days.
- 100% reimbursement of medical expenses for Job Holder and limited reimbursement for immediate dependents.
- Child allowance up to 18 years.
We offer a range of excellent benefits including but not limited to the following:
- ‘50% time’, personal development every Wednesday. This provides each BGN employee the opportunity to study, exercise, learn, or share their skills with their colleagues.
- ‘Catch-Up’ performance review system. An opt-in (or out) lightweight and flexible staff performance review system that is adapted to each team and individual’s unique workload and volume.
Major Things you need to know
- Security: Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is a Govt of Nepal Police Report for employment in Nepal.
- Selection process details: This vacancy is using Success Profiles, and will assess your Behaviours and Experience.
- We will assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Success Profiles (please ensure you have read this and are well conversant to the behaviours asked for)
- There will be an assessment on language (English/Nepali) and IT knowledge is desirable.
- Candidates will be required to provide Prior Employment details to include job history; qualification details and previous skills and experience using the BGN Application Form ONLY. NO CV’s to be attached.
- Candidates will be required to provide a statement of suitability of no more than 500 words. Please provide experience relevant to the role.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, caste, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
You will be assessed for your English language skills (written & spoken) and practical test through an Assessment. ONLY if you meet the minimum sifting standard for the job as per BGN requirement. Candidates suitably qualifying the Written English and Practical tests will ONLY be call forward for the Interviews.
- Nationality requirements: Open to Nepali nationals only.
- Working for British Gurkhas Nepal: British Gurkhas Nepal embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunities. As such, we run a Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Apply Process and further information:
- Please use this Application form.
- No CV and Certificates to be attached.
- Fully Completed Application Forms are to be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Incomplete Application Forms will not be looked at.
- Selection will take place by the month of December 2023.
Applicants who influence or manipulate the selection/recruitment process in any form/way will disqualify for this job and future employment with BGN.
Contact point for applicants:
This Job Opportunity May Also Best for You: AHTCS New Vacancy 2080 for Service Province Officer and Admin Cum Finance Officer
Thank you so much for reading the job vacancy post ”British Gurkhas Nepal (BGN) Vacancy 2023 for Fridge Mechanic Post” till the end. If you have any doubt and hesitation regarding this vacancy on your mind then you are requested to comment down or message us through our social medias , we will reply you as soon as possible because we are ready to help for you.
Dear Jobseekers, If you wants to get foreign or national latest job vacancy opportunity alerts then stay tuned and follow us on our various below :
|Join in Telegram Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in WhatsApp Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Facebook Page||JOIN NOW|
|Join in YouTube Channel||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Viber Group||JOIN NOW|
Note : Simply, we shares national and international job opportunity through this website for the educational and informational purpose only. We are not any hiring company and hiring agency. So please read the job vacancy information completely and submit an application using website, email address or manpower details above mentioned.