Child Protection Manager and Senior Assistant Vacancy 2023: Join Adara Development Nepal and make a difference. We’re hiring a Child Protection Manager and a Senior Assistant to support our mission. Apply now!, Child Protection Manager, Senior Assistant, Adara Development Nepal, Non-profit Jobs Nepal, Administrative Support, Youth Development, Nepal Country Director, Non-Governmental Organization, Human Resources, Child Safe Organization, INGO Jobs, INGO Career in Nepal 2023, Vacancy in Kathmandu, Job Vacancy will be discussed here with full details.
Child Protection Manager and Senior Assistant Vacancy 2023 at Adara
The Adara Group is a unique business-non-profit partnership. Adara Development specialise in remote health and education, child protection, community resilience, youth development and maternal and newborn health. In Nepal we have worked in Humla since 2001 (implementing our Remote Community Development Programme); in Kathmandu we have worked since 2005 (in child protection and youth development); and in Ghyangfedi, Nuwakot we have worked since 2015 in response to the earthquakes and now in quality education, child protection and youth development.
We are looking for a person to work as the Child Protection Manager (CPM) within our Nepal Team, based 50% in Humla, 30% in Kathmandu and 20% in Ghyangfedi, Nuwakot. The Child Protection Manager (CPM) will in collaborations with Adara’s partner NGOs, local government authorities, Adara supported schools, hostels, child clubs, youth clubs and community based organisations and we are looking for a person to work as Senior Assistant to Nepal Country Director within our Nepal Team, based in Kathmandu office. The Senior Assistant to Nepal Country Director will support NCD and the office secretarial work.
1. Child Protection Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Child Protection Manager in the Nepal Office of Adara Development, the international non-profit development arm of the Adara Group.
Overall goal of the Job
The overall goal of this job is to ensure child protection in all Adara-supported schools, hostels, and partner communities. The Child Protection manager will also work with the Adara team and our partners to enhance the quality of the education in Adara supported schools and will facilitate youth development activities.
- Prepare a plan of action for child protection activities and execute accordingly in the target areas.
- Facilitate the formation of child protection committees, youth clubs, girls clubs, and watchdog committees within Adara-supported schools, hostels and communities, and mobilise them for their empowerment and capacity strengthening.
- Work with stakeholders in each school to develop and implement comprehensive child protection policies and systems, which include mechanisms for reporting, ensuring they align with national and international standards.
- Facilitate training workshops to enhance the capacity of teachers, hostel staff, School Management Committee (SMC) members, Parents Teacher Association (PTA) members, Rural Municipality, child club members, parents and community stakeholders on child protection issues, coordinating with the National Child Rights Council (NCRC) as needed.
- Working with the NCRC, facilitate training on CPIMS (Child Protection Information Management System) and ensure effective use of CPIMS for tracking and managing child protection cases.
- Collaborate with local stakeholders to engage parents and community members in child protection initiatives.
- Conduct assessments of child protection systems and mechanisms within schools and communities.
- Working with the Monitoring & Evaluation team, develop and implement action plans based on QIP (Quality Improvement Process) findings to improve child protection measures in schools, monitor progress, and benchmark performance against established standards.
- Continuously improve program strategies based on lessons-learned and best practise.
- Advise Adara Global Leadership Team on child protection issues.
- Ensure that case management is effectively implemented in our project areas.
- Build and maintain relationships with local authorities, community leaders and other stakeholders to advocate for child protection and rights.
- Support child protection cases and provide them information and resources to access necessary services and make appropriate referrals to other service providers if required.
- Ensure that solid Child Protection, case management, referral and information management systems are in place for appropriate identification, responses and follow-up for children harmed or at risk of being harmed, and that these processes are happening in a timely manner.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of child protection programs and interventions.
- Design and implement child protection awareness activities in Adara’s communities of operation, including anti-trafficking initiatives.
- Represent Adara in Child Protection forums at the local, regional, national and global level.
- Facilitate training for enhancing the capacity of teachers, School Management committee (SMC), Parents Teacher Association (PTA), Rural municipality, child club members, parents, and community stakeholders on quality education.
- Working with the Monitoring & Evaluation team, communicate the findings of Quality Improvement Process (QIP) and support schools to develop action plans and ensure the proper implementation of those action plan periodically.
- Collaborate with school management to create a child friendly school environment that promotes child wellbeing, equity, participation, and learning.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of education system in schools.
- Facilitate access to Psychosocial services by connecting students with the psychosocial counsellor organization.
- Build rapport with all the youth (above grade 10) in Adara supported communities and facilitate the formation of youth clubs and encourage youth to take initiatives for their best interests and contribution for the community.
- Conduct aptitude testing of the students above 8th grade and provide vocational and career counselling & guidance to youth in Adara supported schools.
- Link youth with skills training, employment, and entrepreneurship opportunities available locally, regionally and nationally and support youth with Adara’s independent living learnings.
- Facilitate youth organisations to identify their issues that affect their lives and help them in lobbying with local, provincial and federal governments and other stakeholders.
- Work closely with Adara’s knowledge sharing team on youth-related programmes.
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum bachelor’s degree social science or other relevant subjects.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience of working with/for children and young people. Preferably deep case management experience
- Be caring towards children and women. Ideally should have shown an interest in children’s welfare in previous employment or voluntary work. Strong belief in the dignity and human rights of people and the ability and attitude to work with/ for community people with due respect towards their dignity and potential.
- Excellent facilitation and motivational skills, with the ability to organise, utilise and motivate team members quickly to respond to changes as and when required.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills with a learning attitude. Excellent communications skills, both oral and written. Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate on all levels within internal and external groups. Excellent in the local language and should be fluent in speaking and writing Nepali and English.
- Understanding of development principles and how to implement them in practice.
- Ability to undertake comprehensive research, analyse results and make recommendations from the findings.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to implement modifications wherever necessary.
- Must be able to analyse project scenarios and make quick intelligent decisions based on factual data.
- Excellent managerial skills
- Ability to put visions into practical concepts.
- Strong emphasis on creativity and work discipline
- Strong emphasis on practical skills and implementation
- Willingness and readiness to be engaged in work related, ongoing personal development and learning.
- Willingness and ability to participate in Adare Development Nepal’s long-term vision and work with the rest of the team to realise this vision.
- Willingness and ability to work hard and in difficult circumstances.
- Willingness to overcome hardships (work and personnel related) through exemplary life and work style.
- Have good computer skills (at least MS office operation).
- Understanding of development principles and how to apply them excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and meet tight deadlines.
- Willingness to work and stay in a remote place – like Humla
2. Senior Assistant
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Senior Assistant to Nepal Country Director in the Nepal Office of Adara Development, the international non-profit development arm of the Adara Group.
Overall goal of the Job
To provide secretarial and operational assistance to the Nepal Country Director (NCD) and to effectively coordinate, assist and provide administrative support to the Adara office in Kathmandu.
Senior Management Administration Support:
- Provide assistance to the NCD in his daily tasks, such as scheduling meetings and appointments, taking notes, handling mail, correspondence, and reports.
- Assist the NCD in the preparation of documents, reports, presentations and letters as required.
- Handle visitors, calls and events for the office and the NCD
Office Coordination and Administration
- Coordinate with all Adara entities globally to establish smooth communication.
- Coordinate and organise internal and external meetings, functions and events as directed.
- Supervise the purchase of office equipment, stationary, toiletries, and other supplies.
- Ensure KTM office facilities are well-maintained, including office vehicles, equipment, space allocation and on-going maintenance.
- Oversee office cleaning ensuring the office is always clean and tidy.
- Review and maintain the Emergency Response Plan (ERP) and coordinate the appointment of fire wardens and first aid officers.
- Handle office mail, correspondence, and communication, and organise couriers.
- Liaise with office suppliers, vendors and service providers.
- Greet visitors to the office and perform tea/coffee runs for meetings where necessary.
- Maintain efficient hard and soft copy filing systems, as well as an effective archiving system.
- Renew insurance of office vehicles and their blue book on time
- Coordinate the office shutdown over weekends and public holidays
- Assist Adara Nepal staff and partners to use and adopt Adara branding guidelines and templates
Programme Administrative Support
- Assist programmes and M&E staff with programme reporting and data verification. Assist staff with document formatting, proofreading, editing, and branding, as required.
- Coordinate with partner organisations for meetings, events and reports.
- Where requested, take meeting notes, circulate and document them.
- Ensure that the compliance documents of Adara partner organisations are up to date.
- Book flights, ground transport and hotel accommodation for the NCD, guests and visitors.
- Prepare and arrange itineraries and documents for travel.
- Prepare travellers in advance with relevant documentation and advice.
- Provide travel safety advice and situation update to the NCD, guests and visitors.
- Assist with HR processes including recruitment (collating applications, arranging interviews, feedback to unsuccessful applicants), inductions, and updating job descriptions.
- Record leave taken by KTM staff (I/NGO) and crosscheck monthly leave summaries from offices in Humla and Nepalgunj for the People and Culture team.
- Support Nepal staff with use of the new HR information system, Bob.
- Manage support staff (office helper, driver, messenger and gardener).
- Maintain proper updated personnel files, in both soft and hard copy.
- Maintain total confidentiality of organisational documents and all other information.
- Support with IT-related issues.
- Effectively liaise with the IT team in Sydney, Australia to help ensure all office equipment is operational including but not limited to internet connections for visitors and staff, and printer/scanner.
Competencies (including Qualifications and experience)
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline
- Minimum 3 years office and administration experience
- Experience working in government/non-governmental organisation
- Must be a Nepali national
- Strong attention to detail
- A confident, proactive, optimistic, open, honest and flexible approach
- Ability to work independently and use initiative
- High level of written and verbal English and Nepali writing and communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent time management, organisational and project management skills
Adara Development is a child safe organization. All employees are required to undergo a police record check and sign our Child Protection Policy.
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
If you are interested in applying, please send your curriculum vitae with cover letter at the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications close on Friday, 3 November 2023.
Please ensure you put the position that you are applying for i.e. ‘CPM application’ or ‘SA NCD application’ in the subject line.
Please note that telephone inquiries will not be entertained.
About Organization Visit: www.adaragroup.org
(Note: We simply posted this job opening for informational purposes. So, please read the information and submit an application using the website or email address provided.)
Connects with Our Social Media
|Join in Telegram Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in WhatsApp Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Facebook Page||JOIN NOW|
|Join in YouTube Channel||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Viber Group||JOIN NOW|