Communication and MEL Officer New Job: Join RECOFTC as a Communication and Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Officer in Nepal. Contribute to sustainable forest management, gender equality, and community rights. Apply for this 12-month contract, exclusively for Nepal nationals. Learn more about the role and how to apply. RECOFTC Nepal, Communication and MEL Officer, Forest Management Jobs, Sustainable Development Careers, Nepal National Job Vacancy, Community Rights Nepal, Gender Equality Positions, RECOFTC Communication Strategy, MEL Officer Responsibilities, Apply for Communication Job, INGO Career, INGO Jobs, Vacancy in Kathmandu, Job Vacancy will be discussed here with full details.
RECOFTC is an international nonprofit organization working towards a future where resilient communities with respected rights thrive in forest landscapes that they manage sustainably and equitably. We take a long-term, landscape-based and inclusive approach in supporting local communities to secure their land and resource rights, stop deforestation, find alternative livelihoods and foster gender equality.
With more than 36 years of experience, we have built trusting relationships with partners from communities, governments, businesses, academia and civil society organizations. Our innovations, knowledge and initiatives enable countries to foster good forest governance, mitigate and adapt to climate change and achieve the UN Global Goals.
We operate in the Asia-Pacific region, with country offices in Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Nepal, Thailand and Viet Nam
We invite candidates to apply for the position of Communication and Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Officer at the Center for People and Forests in Nepal. The selected individual will work from our Kathmandu office. The contract is for a 12-month duration, with the potential for extension based on funding availability and performance. This position is open exclusively to Nepal nationals.
Post: Communication and MEL officer
Tasks and Duties
The Communication and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer is a member of the Center for People and Forests – RECOFTC Nepal and works under the direct supervision of the Deputy Director and the Managing Director of the Center. The officer will take the lead role in developing and implementing communication strategies and MEL plans for RECOFTC Nepal.
The Communication and MEL officer’s primary role is to identify and convey key messages from the organization’s programs, projects and activities. This involves promoting relevant information and stories through both traditional and social media. The officer will also oversee all aspects of monitoring, evaluation and learning. The officer will support RECOFTC Nepal teams in content planning, development and packaging, collaborating closely with the Knowledge Management, Information Technology, Strategic Communication (KMITSC) and the MEL team at the RECOFTC Main Office.
The Communication and MEL Officer’s specific tasks and duties include:
Communication and documentation (45%)
- In collaboration with the KMITSC unit at RECOFTC’s main office, develop and implement a communication strategy and plan for RECOFTC Nepal.
- Maintain and update a database of profiles of key partners and stakeholders and community forestry networks.
- Assist team members to strengthen relationships with stakeholders through communication and knowledge management.
- Develop and disseminate information, education, communication, behaviour, change, and communication materials in coordination with RECOFTC Nepal program staff and other external stakeholders.
- Support the planning and implementation of events and coordinate communication support for events, including invitations, participants lists, venues and engagement with partners and news media.
- Document activities, results, impacts and lessons learned.
- Write and edit communication content such as stories, policy briefs, social media posts and proposals.
- Plan and share content through the RECOFTC Nepal website and social media channels.
- Assist RECOFTC Nepal teams in planning, developing and packaging content in collaboration with the communication officers of donors and development partners, ensuring that donors’ visibility guidelines and procedures are met.
- Participate in the center’s branding and marketing efforts, ensuring alignment with
- RECOFTC’s branding guidelines in coordination with the KMITSC unit.
- Participate in and contribute to RECOFTC Nepal’s quarterly and annual planning and budgeting processes.
- Support the Deputy/Managing Director in fundraising and the implementation of program activities.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Deputy/Managing Director.
- Translate documents from Nepali to English and English to Nepali.
Program planning, monitoring, evaluation, and learning (40%)
- Develop the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) strategy, including data capture formats and templates.
- Provide feedback to the Deputy/Managing Director regarding modifications and amendments needed in ongoing projects based on learning and areas for improvement.
- Ensure that projects and activities align with the RECOFTC Strategic Plan 2023-2028.
- Collaborate closely with the program team throughout the annual work plan’s preparation, implementation, and post-implementation phases.
- Work with the MEL team at RECOFTC main office to incorporate robust monitoring and evaluation practices into proposal development processes.
- Coordinate with the Deputy/Managing Director, RECOFTC MEL team and other internal stakeholders to actively seek their insights on collecting data for the MEL review’s outcome indicators.
- Gather and analyze information, producing draft reports on the impacts of Nepal Office interventions, including the creation of fact sheets.
- Ensure all MEL and research activities align with agreed-upon principles, using RECOFTC guidance to consistently uphold community rights and ensure accountability to beneficiaries.
- Design a business case model, materialize outcome harvesting, and disseminate widely.
- Support the Deputy/Managing Director in conducting, directing, and managing the research and evaluation process for end-of-project evaluations.
- Contribute to the preparation of quarterly, annual, and project reports for RECOFTC Nepal.
- Document best practices and impact stories from RECOFTC Nepal’s program implementation.
- Engage closely with all project/program staff to continuously collect and consolidate data in line with RECOFTC’s MEL standards.
Support project management (15%)
- Actively participate in project planning and the preparation of detailed implementation plans, coordinating with the program team.
- Assist program staff in executing activities and collecting data.
- Facilitate regular planning and progress review meetings with the Deputy/Managing Director and program staff.
Qualifications and experience:
The Communication and MEL Officer will have the following essential qualifications and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication/journalism/marketing/public relations/natural resource management/literature English
- Minimum of five years’ experience in communication
- Experience developing and implementing communication plans
- Experience managing websites and social media
- Experience developing high-quality content and publications
- Experience in monitoring projects, data and information collection and writing reports
- Experience planning and implementing multi-stakeholder events in-person and online
- Experience translating communication content from English to Nepali and Nepali to English
- Experience working with national and local media in Nepal
- Experience applying visual identity and visibility guidelines for organizations, projects and donors
- Committed to achieving gender equality
- Ability to foster a safe and respectful working environment
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner and communicate effectively in both written and spoken Nepali and English
- Willingness to travel frequently to project field sites in Nepal and other focal countries of
- Proficiency in computer applications, as well as typing in both Nepali and English
- Knowledge and understanding of forestry, environmental issues, natural resource management, social inclusion and gender equality, disaster risk reduction, climate change, human rights, democracy and the rule of law
- Strong sense of teamwork with leadership and networking ability
- Ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Commented [ML1]: This should be essential as part of RECOFTC values. See next comment – HR has wording on this and is in the Essential section
- Experience with environmental and natural resource management work, as well as community engagement in Nepal
RECOFTC’s core values
At RECOFTC, our core values are the foundation of our culture and guide all our work. In addition to job-specific skills and experience, the applicant should possess the following characteristics, attitudes and skills:
- Embrace innovation
- Adapt to and learn from challenges
- Nurture commitment, responsibility and ownership
- Collaborate with partners and stakeholders
- Committed to sustainability
- Cultivate participation, social inclusion and gender equity
- Prioritize wellbeing
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit a CV and a cover letter indicating why they are suitable for this position, with salary expectations and current contact details of three referees, including recent supervisors to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the position title in the subject line of the email. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. RECOFTC Nepal has a competitive compensation package.
To learn more about RECOFTC and RECOFTC Nepal, please visit our website recoftc.org.
Applicants shall not be discriminated against based on ethnicity, religion, age, nationality, physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, medical condition, or any other classification protected by RECOFTC’s values and code of conduct. Reasonable accommodation may be made so that qualified disabled applicants can partake in the application process. Please inform RECOFTC’s Human Resources in writing of any special needs at the time of application.
RECOFTC is an equal-opportunity employer, and the successful candidate will be selected based on merit. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
RECOFTC retains the right to offer this position at a job grade relevant to the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
Deadline for application: 9 November 2023
(Note: We simply posted this job opening for informational purposes. So, please read the information and submit an application using the website or email address provided.)
Connects with Our Social Media
|Join in Telegram Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in WhatsApp Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Facebook Page||JOIN NOW|
|Join in YouTube Channel||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Viber Group||JOIN NOW|