Join the USAID Biodiversity (Jal Jangal) team as an Environmental Compliance Advisor. Contribute to nature conservation and community well-being in Nepal while ensuring environmental compliance. Apply by November 3, 2023. Environmental Compliance Advisor, USAID Biodiversity (Jal Jangal), Job Opportunity, Environmental Regulations, Nepal Conservation, Environmental Compliance Officer, Conservation Advisor, Compliance and Monitoring, Environmental Safeguards, Apply Before November 3, 2023, USAID Biodiversity (Jal Jangal) Vacancy, INGO Jobs, INGO Career in Nepal 2023, Vacancy in Kathmandu, Job Vacancy will be discussed here with full details.
Environmental Compliance Advisor
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact.
We are committed to shaping a more livable world. DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner. DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
Job Vacancy Details:
|Position||Environmental Compliance Advisor|
|Base Of Operation||Kathmandu, Nepal|
|Project||USAID BIODIVERSITY (Jal Jangal)|
|Position Reports To||Director of Technical Integration|
|Job Posting||Oct. 20, 2023|
|Application Deadline||November 3, 2023.|
USAID Biodiversity (Jal Jangal) will conserve nature, enhance human well-being, and safeguard Nepal’s biodiversity to improve the health of ecosystems, fight environmental crime, and improve the ability of communities to prepare for and adapt to impacts caused by climate change and natural disasters. The activity will achieve measurable conservation targets within the biodiversity-rich, terrestrial, and freshwater ecosystems in and around the Chitwan-Annapurna Landscape, Kailash Sacred Landscape, Terai Arc Landscape, and the proposed Karnali Conservation Landscape while increasing resilience to climate change and contributing to the inclusive and sustainable development of the Nepali people.
To accomplish this, USAID Biodiversity (Jal Jangal) will implement activities aligned with three mutually interrelated and reinforcing objectives: improve the health of ecosystems (Objective 1), strengthen environmental crime control and natural resource safeguards (Objective 2), and enhance the climate resilience of natural and human ecosystems (Objective 3).
1. Objectives of the assignment
The Environmental Compliance Advisor is responsible for overseeing program compliance with United States Government (USG) and the Government of Nepal’s environmental regulations and will follow the environmental manuals, templates and forms developed by USAID’s Mission Environmental Officer (MEO).
They will lead the formulation, effective implementation and monitoring of USAID Biodiversity (Jal Jangal)’s Environmental Mitigation and Monitoring Plans (EMMP) including development of knowledge products, capacity building activities, and provide guidance and tools to the USAID Biodiversity (Jal Jangal) supported activities and partners. They will work with USAID Biodiversity (Jal Jangal)’s technical leads to complete and ensure that required environmental screening for each planned activity is in place in the form of checklists and EMMP.
The position is based in Kathmandu with travel to Pokhara, Surkhet and Dhangadhi, including USAID Biodiversity (Jal Jangal) activity working areas. The Environmental Compliance Advisor will report to the Director of Technical Integration.
2. Tasks & Responsibilities
- Oversee and manage the USAID Biodiversity (Jal Jangal)’s environmental mitigation and monitoring deliverables, including all quarterly, annual, and on-demand reporting as required by USAID.
- Determine USAID Biodiversity (Jal Jangal) Annual Work Plan activities for categorical exclusion, negative determination (with or without conditions), or positive determination and complete any necessary environmental compliance reviews.
- Ensure integration of environmental and social safeguards in relevant activities while development and implementation of Annual Work Plan.
- Visit activity locations to collect information required for the preparation of EMMP or updates to EMMP or other specialized environmental documents, and social safeguards.
- Prepare environmental compliance checklists and guidelines and provide trainings to the activity staff, consultants, and partners on environmental screening, compliance requirements, and any associated systems, where necessary.
- Ensure all project activities follow USAID’s environmental compliance requirements as well as the relevant Nepali environmental laws, policies, and regulations.
- Ensure climate change adaptation options in one sector do not pose threats to other sectors or to the supporting ecosystem.
- Monitor and compile the progress of EMMP on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Coordinate with USAID, local governments and other donor programs on environmental and social safeguard issues where required.
- Contribute to activities for documentation, dissemination and knowledge management relating to USAID’s environmental and social safeguards standards and policies.
- Coordinate with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning team to integrate required environmental monitoring into the project M&E system, and integrate data collected into reports and deliverables, as appropriate.
- 8 years of experience with a master’s degree or 12 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field such as engineering, environmental sciences, environmental management, etc.; (for excluded group 7 years of experience with a Master’s degree or 11 years of experience with Bachelor’s degree)
- At least 5 years of experience working in the environmental review and compliance sector.
- A demonstrated understanding of Nepal’s Environmental laws and policies.
- Proven experience of formulation of environmental and social safeguard plans/environmental mitigation and monitoring plan or a similar document highly preferred.
- Experience with USAID and Government of Nepal Environmental compliance, rules, regulations, and requirements are highly desirable.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English.
- Application link: https://fs23.formsite.com/OLJTgx/onn4dwqjkd/index
- Application instructions:
- Please select the position for which you are interested in applying for, fill out the required information and upload your CV. Only shortlisted applicants will receive notifications on the next steps.
- Interested candidates should submit their application no later than November 3, 2023.
Women and persons from excluded groups are encouraged to apply.
Consistent with DAI’s commitment to attracting and retaining staff from all races, ethnicities, castes and backgrounds, DAI may adjust eligibility requirements to allow for applicants from excluded groups. In these cases, the Scope of Work and vacancy announcement will clearly indicate the minimum requirements according to the Country Compensation Plan as well as the revised minimum requirements for applicants representing an excluded group. DAI promotes workforce diversity and in Nepal, DAI considers excluded groups to be women, Dalits, indigenous ethnic minority groups, Madhesi, Muslim, persons with disabilities, people living in remote areas, and sexual and gender minorities.
For more about USAID DAI Biodiversity: https://www.usaid.gov/nepal/fact-sheets/ero-biodiversity
(Note: We simply posted this job opening for informational purposes. So, please read the information and submit an application using the website or email address provided.)
Connects with Our Social Media
|Join in Telegram Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in WhatsApp Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Facebook Page||JOIN NOW|
|Join in YouTube Channel||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Viber Group||JOIN NOW|