Finance Coordinator New Job Vacancy 2023 in Plan International , INGO Career, INGO Jobs, Jobs in Kalikot, Jobs in Nepal, Job Vacancy will be discussed here with full details.
Finance Coordinator New Job Vacancy Announcement
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
Post: Finance Coordinator- OVOC project
Number of Vacant Position: 1
Functional Area: Finance
Reports to: Finance Specialist – Regional office West
Location: Kalikot (Regional Office West)
Travel required: Yes
Type: Fixed-Term until 30 June 2024 based in Kalikot; Open for women applicants only
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 11 districts in Nepal.
Plan International Nepal has a vision for 2030 as “an inclusive, just and safe society where all girls and young women enjoy their rights and live in freedom”. This is coupled with the ambition of taking action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive as “Girls and young women in all of their diversity reach their full potential as equal and active citizens” by 2023. The country strategy is put into action through the implementation of three interrelated program areas defined as follows:
LEARN: the “Education and Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (SOYEE)” program aims to assist vulnerable and excluded girls and young women in adapting and thriving in a changing climate;
LEAD AND DECIDE: the “Youth as Active Drivers of Change and Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR)” program aims to empower girls and young women in leading change, having control over their bodies and making informed decisions; and
THRIVE: the “Early Childhood Development (ECD), Child Protection and Child Poverty” program enhances vulnerable and excluded children, especially girls, to be valued and cared for without discrimination, fear and any forms of violence.
The Finance Coordinator will be responsible for the effective project finance management to ensure that project activities implemented are at the best quality with the most competitive costs and they respond to CO, NO and GH Policies and procedures incompliance with donor’s condonation. Position is based in Kalikot under Regional Office-West. This position has to effectively coordinate with Finance department of regional office West and Country finance team. Active coordination with relevant program team and other function is necessary.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
Undertakes vital role for overall project financial management of OVOC project. Take leads role in financial management including monitoring, coaching and capacity development of implementing partner’s finance staffs of OVOC and other projects. He/ She is also expected to ensure full compliance with the provisions of operational manual, internal control system, donor’s requirements, income tax act and rules along with related circulars and directives.
- Ensure timely and accurate recording of expenses in the project
- Ensure Cost recovery and apportion cost is charged to the projects on a monthly basis.
- Ensure donor’s conditions are complied with in all financial transactions that related to Plan International Nepal and partners.
- Ensure accurate and complete reports prepared on a timely basis.
- Prepare monthly Budget Vs. Expenditure tracking report and share it with relevant stakeholders to ensure effective management of the project budget. Frequent monitoring visits of partners in coordination with the Partner Support Specialist and the Project team. Work closely with the Finance Specialist, Partner Support Specialist and the Project lead to resolve any issues identified during the visit.
- Review salary and benefits charges in the project to ensure it aligns with the time reported by the staff. Provide support in conducting partners assessment and help design and deliver finance related trainings and orientation to the respective finance and non-finance staff.
- Provide support to Regional and Country Office finance and project teams as needed.
Delegations/ No. of Reports:
Effectively Operate the SAP – Grants finance module
- Update on relevant SAP module as assigned.
- Generate SAP reports on a timely manner and review for accuracy.
- Review and ensure system records match with the partner advance and expenditure as per partner financial report.
Financial monitoring and reporting
- Prepare accurate Budget Vs. Actual report and provide it to relevant to project team including an analysis on the burn rate and projection
- Prepare donor’s financial report in compliance with donor’s conditions and within in the due date in coordination with Finance Specialist and Grant Manager.
- Periodic review of SAP data, ensure that all cost codes are correct, and complied with.
- Periodic review of system generated report to ensure reconciliation of the financial report.
Donor compliance and financial management
- Ensure compliance with donor’s condition on financial transactions of Plan International Nepal and partner.
- Review partners finance system and suggest area for improvement.
- Ensure that partners have sound internal control system and it is effectively complied with. Suggest corrective action to strengthen the internal control system in partners.
- Recommend for improvement, make regular follow up for compliance.
- Ensure compliance of terms and conditions of partner’s agreement.
- Ensure all advance is liquidated before financial year close/grant close.
- Timely review of donor’s conditions grants closure and complete steps required from finance.
- Provide information and documentations required for internal as well as external audits.
- Provide support to prepare Audit action plan and ensure effective implementation of the plan.
Ensure Plan International’s CPP and GEI policies
Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility.
This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Knowledge and Experience
- Master’s Degree with 1-2 years of related experience or Bachelor Degree with 2-3 related experience in Finance/Accounting.
- Proven experience in dealing with audit, tax related matters and issues and foreign exchange.
- Clear understanding of the development sector, its operating and regulatory environment ( in Nepal).
- Clear understanding of the socio/political economic and cultural issues of Nepal, specifically post located districts of the country.
- Clear in-depth technical and practical knowledge and understanding of the relevant job domain.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills;
- Demonstrated analytical, independent and strategic thinking;
- Strong communication, coordination and negotiation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to build positive and trustworthy relations for influencing;
- Experience in managing time and resource constraints;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English and Nepali in order to communicate complex and technical information to technical and general audiences; and
- Proven IT skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.
PLAN INTERNATIONAL’S VALUES IN PRACTICE
We are open and accountable
- Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
- Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
- Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
- Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
- Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people.
We strive for lasting impact
- Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
- Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
- Focuses resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
- Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
- Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
- Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
- Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
- Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
- We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential
- We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace
- We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives.
- The position is based at Kalikot Under Regional Office- West and requires travel to project sites.
LEVEL OF CONTACT WITH CHILDREN
- Low contact: no contact or very low frequency of interaction.
“Say Yes ! To Keeping Children and Young people safe and Protected”
- Friday, 16th June 2023
Connects with Our Social Media
|Join in Telegram Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in WhatsApp Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Facebook Page||JOIN NOW|
|Join in YouTube Channel||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Viber Group||JOIN NOW|