HI Nepal New Vacancy 2023 for Sr. DRR & CCA Technical Officer in country office Kathmandu, Nepal. Those who are interested and fulfill the requirements for this post can apply within the application deadline. Jobs in Kathmandu, INGO Careers, INGO Jobs, HI Nepal Vacancy 2023, Handicap International Federation Job Opportunity, Climate Change, Disaster Management Jobs, Environment Science, Natural Resource Management, Senior Technical Officer Jobs, Climate Change Adaptation Technical Vacancy, INGO Job Vacancy will be discussed here with full details.
About HI Nepal
Handicap International Federation (HI) is an independent and impartial aid organization, created in 1982, working across 63 countries. HI works alongside the vulnerable populations, whatever the context, taking action to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. Present in Nepal since 2000, HI works through a network of local partner organizations in the area of health and physical rehabilitation, inclusive education and resilience including emergency response to improve the living conditions and involvement of the most vulnerable populations in Nepal.
HI Nepal New Vacancy 2023 for Sr. DRR & CCA Technical Officer in Kathmandu
HI Nepal invites application for the following position:
Position: Sr. DRR & CCA (Climate Change Adaptation) Technical Officer
- Require No: 1 position
- Terms & Conditions: Fixed Term contract
- Location: Country Office, Kathmandu Nepal
- Senior DRR (Disaster Risk Reduction & Climate Change Adaptation) Technical Officer contributes to the implementation of HI mandate and ten-year strategy in Nepal and will provide technical input for climate change adaptation and inclusive DRR across the projects of Handicap International (HI) Federation in Nepal.
- She/He contributes to developing new projects and opportunities. She/He will represent HI in relevant national networks and clusters in Nepal and contribute to national and regional advocacy on inclusive DRR & CCA.
- She/He will provide technical guidance and support to implement the project “Improving Disability Inclusive Community Based Adaptation and Resilience Action (CB-ARA)” in three Districts of Nepal. CB-ARA project activities include; vulnerability assessment, LAPA formulation and implementation, capacity building of stakeholders and small-scale nature-based solutions for risk reduction.
- She/He will ensure the quality and impact of the project and provide technical expertise and training to HI Nepal CB-ARA teams, partners, and government and non-government stakeholders.
- She/He will provide technical support contribute to the project planning, monitoring and evaluation (PME) framework, methodology and related tools for the timely implementation of project as per PME policy.
- She/He will ensure technical documentation as required and in accordance with national global technical standards.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Contribute and provide DRR/CCA technical support to the programme to implement and monitor the Country Operation Strategy and Technical Strategy/Framework of the Programmes
- Lead/Contribute on identification and formulation of new projects on DRR/CCA; conducting needs assessment and context analysis and contribute to the design and writing of new projects on DRR/CCA in the country
- Identify, develop and maintain partnerships, networks with NGOs, OPDs, government Institutions, companies at national and sub national level to mutualize efforts on DRR&CCA
- Provide technical guidance and support on inclusive DRR/CCA interventions to assigned projects in accordance with the national and global technical frameworks and general standards in DRR and CCA
- Provide technical support to design, implement and monitor project monitoring evaluation and learning framework and ensure quality, effects and impacts of the technical approaches and interventions related to DRR/CCA
- Lead/Contribute to collecting and documenting evidences, good practices on DRR/CCA in Nepal and initiate or test new innovative solutions to address the main challenges of the sector
- Represent the technical expertise of HI in relevant networks, groups and platforms (Sectorial Representation) in Nepal
- Contribute to technical recruitments, support internal technical training, skills upgrading plan for HI staff and partners
- Identify and develop a local talent pool and facilitate a community of practice where applicable
- Provide technical support contribute to the project planning, monitoring and evaluation (PME) framework, methodology and related tools for the timely implementation of project as per PME policy
- Contribute to the support or implementation of emergency preparedness actions of the programme and, during an emergency, adapts his/her working modality to contribute to an effective HI humanitarian response
- Developing new resources or adapting existing resources in order to improve them and/or adapt them to the context, if necessary (able to identify and respond to Nexus Emergency/Development issues
- Ensure that the internal regulations, operating procedures and security rules are applied within the team and respects the operation unit hierarchic responsibilities, line of communication and aims for result-based management
Qualification and Skills Required:
- Minimum Master’s degree in Climate Change or Disaster Management or Environment Science or Natural Resource Management or related field with 4 years of relevant working experience in Climate Change Adaptation and DRR thematic areas;
- Experience in the field of inclusive DRR/M, Humanitarian, Early Action, inclusive emergency/humanitarian responses, and CCA
- Proven experience of facilitating training and workshops using participatory methodologies
- Knowledge of development planning process of local level Governments;
- Proven experience of facilitating to conduct community vulnerability and capacity assessment, Local Adaptation Plan of Action (LAPA) through participatory rural appraisal (PRA) and social mobilization approaches; and on small scale mitigation including nature based solutions for CCA
- Hands on skills for coordination, collaboration and networking with/among stakeholders related Climate Change Adaptation and DRR;
- Good communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent evidence based advocacy and negotiation skill
Application and Deadline Details
Please send a motivation letter mentioning your expected salary and an updated CV including 2 referees (one must be your current line manager) with contact number and e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 23rd November, 2023.
HI Nepal reserves the right to cancel, postpone or modify the whole recruitment process and reject any application without specifying any reasons whatsoever.
Handicap International (HI) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, persons with disabilities, and members from disadvantaged communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
HI firmly believe in the importance of inclusion and diversity within our organization. This is why we are committed to a disability policy to encourage the inclusion and integration of people with disabilities. Please indicate if you require any special accommodations, including participation in the first interview.
Candidates applying for a job with HI must be ready to comply with our Child Protection Policy, and Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment. HI Nepal has a zero tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the values and mission of HI, hence, all selected candidates are expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Thank you so much for the reading the latest job vacancy post “HI Nepal New Vacancy 2023 for Sr. DRR & CCA Technical Officer” till the end. If you have still any hesitation regarding the
(Note: We simply posted this job opening for informational purpose only. It means that we are not hiring agency so, please read the information and submit an application using the website or email address provided.)
Connects with Our Social Media
|Join in Telegram Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in WhatsApp Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Facebook Page||JOIN NOW|
|Join in YouTube Channel||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Viber Group||JOIN NOW|