International Labour Organization (ILO) New Vacancy 2023 for Communications Officer, INGO Jobs, INGO Career, INGO Jobs in Nepal 2023, Job in Kathmandu, Career in ILO, Job Vacancy will be discussed here with full details.
International Labour Organization (ILO) New Vacancy 2023 for Communications Officer
Job Title: Communications Officer
|Publication date||04 August 2023|
|Application deadline (midnight local time)||03 September 2023|
|Department||RO-Asia and the Pacific|
|Contract type||Fixed Term|
|Contract duration||1 Year|
|Education||First level university degree in communications, journalism, social sciences, liberal arts or other relevant discipline, or its equivalent.|
|Experience||At least two years of professional experience in policy advocacy, communication, organization and implementation of awareness raising campaigns, writing news stories.|
|Languages||Excellent command of English and Nepali languages, both written and spoken|
Under article 4.2, paragraph (e) of the Staff Regulations, the filling of vacancies in technical cooperation projects does not fall under Annex I of the Staff Regulations and is made by direct selection by the Director-General.
In order to support the best informed process in the filling of the above-mentioned vacancy by direct selection, the ILO invites interested candidates to submit their application online by the above date.
The following are eligible to apply:
- ILO Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations.
- External candidates*
*The recruitment process for National Officer positions is subject to specific local recruitment and eligibility criteria.
The ILO values diversity among its staff and welcomes applications from qualified female candidates. We also encourage applicants with disabilities. If you are unable to complete our online application form due to a disability, please send an email to email@example.com.
Technical cooperation appointments are not expected to lead to a career in the ILO and they do not carry any expectation of renewal or conversion to any other type of appointment in the Organization. A one-year fixed-term contract will be given. Extensions of technical cooperation contracts are subject to various elements including the following: availability of funds, continuing need of the functions and satisfactory conduct and performance.
*Conditions of employment for external candidates: In conformity with existing ILO practice, the appointment of an external candidate will normally be made at the first step of this grade.
The role of communication remains crucial to build the ILO’s reputation as the knowledge leader in the world of work and promote ILO research, recommendations, and results to strengthen the impact of a collective advocacy for a human-centred future of work, as set out in the Centenary Declaration.
The Decent Work Country Programme in Nepal, 2023-2027 is aligned with the 2023-27 United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF) for Nepal and supports the country’s efforts toward the achievement of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
ILO recognises the role of communications in promoting its work and reaching out to its key constituents and development partners as well as the general-public. To this end, the Office intends to hire a Communication Officer to enhance its communication activities.
The position will be cost shared by different DC projects under CO-Kathmandu. The incumbent will provide communication and visibility support to the DC projects, as well as supporting the ILO Nepal’s key messages around the ILO’s core areas of work and effectively disseminate them to reach out targeted audience most efficiently.
The Communications Officer will report and work under the overall supervision of the Director of CO-Kathmandu while working closely with the funding DC Project Managers, Sr Programme Officers, Operations Officer and CO-Kathmandu team and liaise with regional and HQ communication experts and team.
Description of Duties
- Design and implement all communication and outreach activities of ILO Nepal and its projects.
- Manage the communication strategy and plans of the DC projects, as well as ILO CO Kathmandu.
- Research and develop materials for specific information topics and/or outputs such as audio/video productions. Collect and compile information for dissemination.
- Draft news releases, speaking points, correspondence, human stories, impact stories, and photo stories to highlight the impact and good practices generated under the ILO Nepal supported projects and initiatives, blog posts, press releases, and social media packs, social media cards and case studies, project briefs/pagers, tweets, etc., and assist with the distribution of information materials.
- Identify strategic opportunities to increase the ILO Nepal’s visibility and advocacy in coordination with DCOMM and Regional Communication team.
- Support social media campaigns under various thematic areas,
- Copy editing of reports, policy briefs, and other papers, media related pieces such as Op-eds, articles and press releases.
- Support CO-Kathmandu’s and DC projects’ publications activities, local event, and conferences.
- Coordinate awareness raising activities in collaboration with the relevant team members.
- Manage and update the CO-Kathmandu’s and DC projects’ social media accounts (twitter, facebook, and any other that may be opened later) and the website.
- Edit, write or rewrite articles, newsletters or other information materials as required both in English and Nepali languages.
- Liaise with the other UN agencies to promote ILO’s values, increase ILO’s visibility and facilitate the scaling-up of ILO Nepal’s interventions. Represent ILO at UN Communication Group (UNCG) and provide necessary input to the UNCG by reaching out to the project teams.
- Foster ILO Nepal’s media engagement including creation of a network with relevant media personnel, journalists, and lines of communication and working relationship with representatives of media, with a view to increase ILO’s Nepal and its projects visibility both at national and provincial levels.
- Assist the production of audio/video materials for the projects by conducting research, helping soliciting process, acquiring copyright and other clearances, and arranging for editing and audio mixing.
- Contribute to the office-wide communication efforts.
- Perform any other tasks as requested by the Director.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to use social media tools and website design tools
- Ability to adapt message to culturally diverse audiences.
- Knowledge of the organization’s mandate and its programme of activities.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of computer applications for information collection, management and dissemination.
- Demonstrate collaborative and team work experience and ability to work effectively with a multicultural and interdisciplinary team as well as work on his/her own initiative
- Ability to work independently, quickly, precisely, and take initiative and responsibility
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet the deadline
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non discriminatory behaviour and attitudes.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit the ILO Jobs website. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
The ILO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process whether at the application, interview, processing or training stage. Messages originating from a non ILO e-mail account – @ilo.org – should be disregarded. In addition, the ILO does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.
(Note: We simply posted this job opening for informational purposes. So, please read the information and submit an application using the website or email address provided.)
Connects with Our Social Media
|Join in Telegram Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in WhatsApp Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Facebook Page||JOIN NOW|
|Join in YouTube Channel||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Viber Group||JOIN NOW|