International Water Management Institute (IWMI) New Vacancy 2023 for Finance Officer, INGO Jobs, INGO Career, INGO Career in Nepal 2023, Jobs in Kathmandu, Job Vacancy will be discussed here with full details.
International Water Management Institute (IWMI) New Vacancy 2023 for Finance Officer
Position: Finance Officer
|Location||Kathmandu, Bagmati Province, Nepal|
|Application Deadline||September 04, 2023|
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI), a CGIAR Research Center is seeking an innovative & multi skilled candidate to join its office in Kathmandu, Nepal, as a Finance Officer.
In line with established finance processes and procedures, the Finance Officer is responsible for performing a variety of finance and bookkeeping related tasks in an efficient, effective, and timely manner with the highest level of integrity for the IWMI Nepal office. The Finance Officer will work closely with and support the Office Manager in managing financial and operational matters.
The successful candidate will assist in annual budget preparation and execution in coordination with the Country Representative, Office Manager, and Project Leaders. Additionally, the incumbent will support project leaders with the day-to-day financial aspects of research projects implemented by the IWMI Nepal office. The Finance Officer will primarily interface with the Finance Department and the Project Management Office of IWMI HQ.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead in the planning of financial operations, including systems for cash flow management, budgeting, consolidation of accounting information, internal controls, financial record-keeping, and financial reporting.
- Process Travel Claims, Staff Advances, daily cash, and bank payments after obtaining necessary approvals.
- Ensure that all IWMI Nepal expenses are correctly allocated to the respective projects in the corresponding month and to the correct Work Breakdown Structures (WBSs).
- Conduct monthly bank reconciliations and prepare month-end Expenditure reports.
- Maintain a proper filing system for vouchers in the Nepal office and archive other important documents, uploading them in the SAP system.
- Keep track of consultant and partner payments.
- Monitor and manage the petty cash float.
- Review the Accountable Grant Agreement, special provisions, and financial conditions.
- Compile documents for raising Purchase Requests (PRs) in the SAP system and maintain digital records of all financial documents for uploading into the SAP system.
- Regularly follow up for the settlement of advances and vendor clearing.
- Establish and oversee the application of IWMI’s central financial policies, procurement procedures, and rules and regulations.
- Provide timely information and guidance to researchers and project leaders regarding IWMI’s procurement and financial policies and procedures.
- Assist Project Leaders in preparation of budgets according to IWMI’s procedures and funders’ guidelines.
- Support Project Leaders in budget monitoring and implementing financial recommendations.
- Ensure that projects are charged only with eligible expenses, following the accountable grant agreement, and address exceptions with the Project Leader.
- Collaborate with various IWMI-HQ departments to gather data supporting the financial aspects of project implementation in the Nepal office.
- Review project expenses and ensure proper allocation to the correct WBS lines, addressing corrections as needed.
- Maintain monthly E-TDS filing in compliance with the Inland Revenue Department.
- Assist in various internal/external audits as needed.
- Generate project/donor financial reports when required.
- Coordinate and provide finance-related support during workshops and training sessions jointly organized by CGIAR centers in Nepal.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in an accounting and finance-related discipline or partial qualification in chartered accountancy or an equivalent professional qualification. Masters preferred.
- Five (05) years of relevant experience in finance management, internal control systems, and project budgeting and monitoring.
- Familiarity with asset/inventory verification, ownership transfer, and handover processes.
- Exposure in coordinating and collaborating between the finance and program teams within an organization.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and conducting finance compliance-related training or orientation for partners and staff.
- Experience in coordinating and providing finance-related technical guidance for the planning and execution of fieldwork, workshops, and knowledge forums.
- Extensive experience in both internal and external audits, including in-depth audits.
- Familiarity with result-based monitoring systems and a strong understanding of value for money.
- Proficiency in financial management of research projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated skills and experience in finance management, accounting, project administration, financial analysis, monitoring, and reporting.
- Proven ability to follow up on audit responses with relevant stakeholders and prepare management responses for audit findings.
- Thorough understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Proficiency in conducting Internal Controlling System (ICS) assessments and risk assessments for project partners. Track record of following up on ICS action plans at the partner level.
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office tools (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and familiarity with relevant computer software systems, such as SAP.
- Experience collaborating with international organizations, coupled with a strong grasp of procurement, audit, taxation, and financial policies set by funders and the Government of Nepal.
- Demonstrated sincerity and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner.
- Capability to draft terms of reference for service procurement.
- Possesses facilitation, coordination, and documentation skills along with practical experience.
- Adherence to organizational values and commitment to work with professional integrity.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment, demonstrating sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Sensitivity to fiduciary risks associated with development funds.
- Excellent oral and written language skills in English & Nepali, including effective listening and strong verbal and written communication abilities.
- Strong organizational skills, effective at managing multiple tasks in a timely manner and capable of working under pressure.
What we are offering:
This is a nationally recruited position and only candidates who are eligible to work in Nepal will be considered. IWMI offers a competitive salary and benefits package, inclusive of health insurance, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, and long-term disability coverage. The duration of the contract will initially be for a period of three years.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply for the position by following the application instructions at www.iwmi.org/jobs. We will be accepting applications through 24:00 (IST) on September 04, 2023 (applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis). Your application must include a CV, cover letter, and three (3) references, which may be contacted if you are shortlisted. Receipt of all applications will be acknowledged, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
IWMI believes that diversity powers our innovation, contributes to our excellence, and is critical for our mission. We offer a multi-cultural, multi-color, multi-generational and multi-disciplinary working environment. We are consciously creating an inclusive organization that reflects our global character and our commitment to gender equity. We, therefore, encourage applicants from all cultures, races, ethnicities, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, and gender identities.
To Apply for this job visit: https://apply.workable.com/international-water-management-institute/j/B1670F9DA6/
(Note: We simply posted this job opening for informational purposes. So, please read the information and submit an application using the website or email address provided.)
Connects with Our Social Media
|Join in Telegram Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in WhatsApp Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Facebook Page||JOIN NOW|
|Join in YouTube Channel||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Viber Group||JOIN NOW|