IOM New Vacancy 2023 for Senior Project Assistant (Governance and Private sector Engagement). International Organization for Migration Vacancy, United Nations Jobs, INGO Career at IOM, Senior Project Assistant Position, Kathmandu Jobs, INGO Jobs in Nepal, MBHR Asia Program Job, Job Vacancy will be discussed here with full details.
IOM New Vacancy 2023 for Senior Project Assistant
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are defined as staff members holding a fixed-term or short-term graded or ungraded contract and staff on Special Leave Without Pay (SLWOP).
United Nations- International Organization for Migration is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture amongst others. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups are encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
United Nations, International Organization for Migration has a zero-tolerance against Sexual exploitation and Abuse (SEA) and sexual harassment (SH). Everyone is responsible for preventing sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA), and all UN personnel must adhere to the standards of conduct that preserves PSEA principles (both during work hours and outside work hours). All selected candidates will, therefore, go through a safe hiring process.
Position Title: Senior Project Assistant (Governance and Private sector Engagement)
|4 years of relevant work
|Type of Appointment
|One Year Fixed Term, with possibility of extension
|Estimated Start Date
|As soon as possible
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and direct supervision of National Project Officer (Migration, Business and Human Rights (MBHR) Asia Program), and in close coordination with M&D Head, the successful candidate(s) will assist and support in leading, coordination, programmatic implementation, communication support and assistance for timely start -up of the various phases or components of the Migration, business and Human Rights (MBHR) Asia Program in Nepal, including but not limited to Corporate Responsibility in Eliminating Smuggling and Trafficking (CREST) and International Recruitment Integrity System (IRIS) Initiatives .
The incumbent(s) will support and assist for the successful implementation of the programmatic activities of the MBHR Asia Program Project (Funded by SIDA and EU) in relation to the meaningful engagement with government and private sector to contribute towards implementation of the United Nation’s Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights: ‘Protect, Respect and Remedy’ Framework
In particular, she/he will carry out the following duties and responsibilities.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Project Implementation and Coordination
- Support the successful planning, coordination, implementation, and monitoring of project activities related to the MBHR Asia program in Nepal.
- Maintain effective coordination/liaison with the Ministries, government stakeholders and private sectors i.e., Private recruitment agency (PRAs) and Nepal Association of Foreign Employment Agencies (NAFEA) for meaningful engagement to achieve MBHR Asia program objectives
- Identify issues and areas of improvement with project implementation and report them to project manager in a timely manner with recommendations/solutions.
- Draft project narrative reports for donors in coordination with the Project Manager/ PM
Networking and Partnership
- Pro-actively support the formation of partnerships and cooperation with government counterparts and private sector, designed to support the goals of the MBHR program objective
- Support to roll out pilot initiative on sector specific corridor approach for promotion of fair and ethical recruitment of migrant workers in partnership with selected private sector partners in close coordination with the PM, host Mission and IRIS Secretariat
- Work closely with project implementing partners, service providers/consultants contracted to provide technical guidance, research, and briefings on migration management issues.
- Support to roll out ethical recruitment standards and IRIS Capacity Building Program (CBP) initiatives targeting selected PRAs for IRIS certification planning in close coordination with the PM and IRIS Secretariat.
- Support the PM in developing capacity building program and its roll out targeting the private sectors and national/local governmental bodies, in strengthening labour migration governance and human rights due diligence (HRDD) in line with the United Nation’s Guiding Principle on Business and Human rights, framework- Protect, Respect and Remedy
- Monitor training programs’ effectiveness, success, and periodically report on them. Conduct pre- and post-training surveys and document lessons learned for enhancing the quality of training programs.
- Provide technical and backstopping support to LMI program team in the mission when required.
- Assist the PM in development of concept notes/ proposals for potential donors/fund raising.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Law, migration studies; development studies with four years of relevant work experience
- Previous experience in project management related to migration management, labour issues, labour migration, international labour recruitment, corporate social sustainability, social compliance programs, human rights, or socio-economic development.
- Experience of working and liaising with Private Sectors and key Ministries and Government institutions at all three government spheres
- Experience with capacity building for private sector partners
- Experience in facilitation and training delivery of large groups, diverse groups, and groups of senior- level executives as well as experience with innovative training, facilitation approaches and training design;
- Experience in working effectively with stakeholders including UN entities, development partners, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country or regional objectives.
- Knowledge on donor liaising, coordination, and reporting
- Ability to work under pressure under minimum supervision.
- Experience with drafting concept note/proposal development.
- Excellent report drafting skills.
- Strong coordination, negotiation, mobilizing and facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications
- Able to work harmoniously in a multicultural setting.
- Pro‐active, result oriented, organized, and possess good communication skills
Fluency in English and Nepali (oral and written).
Working knowledge of other local language is desirable.
- VALUES – All IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these five values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
CORE COMPETENCIES – Behavioural indicators – Level 2
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
MANAGERIAL COMPETENCIES – Behavioural indicators – Level 2
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the Organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their leadership and professional potential.
- Empowering others: Creates an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Building Trust: Promotes shared values and creates an atmosphere of trust and honesty.
- Strategic thinking and vision: Works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Humility: Leads with humility and shows openness to acknowledging own shortcomings.
How to apply:
Interested Candidates are requested to submit their application indicating clearly the position applied, VN number and CV with three references to the following address: Human Resource Department, International Organization for Migration, P.O. Box 25503, Baluwatar, Kathmandu or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 02 January 2024.
Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.
This Job Opportunity May Also Best for You: Nepal Taekwondo Association Vacancy 2080 for Assistant Officer
Thank you so much for reading the job vacancy post ”IOM New Vacancy 2023 for Senior Project Assistant” till the end. If you have any doubt and hesitation regarding this vacancy on your mind then you are requested to comment down or message us through our social medias , we will reply you as soon as possible because we are ready to help for you.
Dear Jobseekers, If you wants to get foreign or national latest job vacancy opportunity alerts then stay tuned and follow us on our various below :
|Join in Telegram Group
|Join in WhatsApp Group
|Join in Facebook Page
|Join in YouTube Channel
|Join in Viber Group
Note : Simply, we shares national and international job opportunity through this website for the educational and informational purpose only. We are not any hiring company and hiring agency. So please read the job vacancy information completely and submit an application using website, email address or manpower details above mentioned.