Join WHO Nepal as a National Officer for Polio Program. Help maintain Nepal’s polio-free status and support public health initiatives. Apply by November 9, 2023, Polio Program, WHO Jobs, Public Health Nepal, Polio Eradication, Nepal Medical Council, WHO Immunization, Epidemiology, Health Care Jobs, Nepal Government, Apply Now, INGO Jobs, INGO Career, MBBS Jobs, Vacancy in Kathmandu, Job Vacancy will be discussed here with full details.
Position: National Officer for Polio Program
|Education||First University degree in Medicine (MBBS) or equivalent|
|Location||Nepal (Duty Station: WHO-IPD Central Offices, Teku Kathmandu)|
|Contractual Arrangement||Special Services Agreement (SSA)|
|Contract Duration||1 Year|
|Closing Date||November 9, 2023, 4:44:00 AM|
|Organization||SE_NEP WR Office, Nepal|
|Monthly Salary||NPR 239,245.00|
The WHO Nepal Immunization Preventable Disease (IPD) program has been a pillar of support to the Government of Nepal for over two decades, focusing on vaccine-preventable diseases (VPD) surveillance and immunization. The program plays a vital role in addressing public health emergencies, introducing new vaccines, and managing national immunization campaigns. Nepal was certified polio-free in 2014, and the National Officer for Polio Program will work closely with the Ministry of Health and Population to continue this success.
- Develop IPV Campaign guidelines and protocols.
- Conduct preliminary planning meetings for key campaign decisions.
- Coordinate with field offices and consultants to identify vulnerable populations.
- Prepare for IPV campaign readiness assessment.
- Review microplanning and logistics requirements.
- Provide technical assistance on campaign advocacy and social mobilization.
- Ensure IPV campaign strengthens routine immunization.
- Coordinate with subnational IPV officers on campaign coverage data.
- Perform administrative and supervisory duties.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
- Education: First University degree in Medicine (MBBS) or equivalent recognized by Nepal Medical Council.
- Desirable: Postgraduate qualification in Public Health, Epidemiology, Global Health, or Community Medicine.
- Experience: At least four years in Public Health or related work at Provincial/National Level.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Proficiency in data analysis.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions.
Language Skills: Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Nepali.
Remuneration: Monthly Salary: NPR 239,245.00 (Grade: SSA Level 9)
- This vacancy notice may be used for similar positions at the same level.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers.
- Local recruitment – candidates within the local commuting area will be considered.
- Background verification for final candidates is required.
Note: This post is subject to local recruitment. Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
For detailed information on WHO’s operations, visit http://www.who.int.
(Note: We simply posted this job opening for informational purposes. So, please read the information and submit an application using the website or email address provided.)
Connects with Our Social Media
|Join in Telegram Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in WhatsApp Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Facebook Page||JOIN NOW|
|Join in YouTube Channel||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Viber Group||JOIN NOW|