Possible New Job Vacancy 2023 for Implementation Research Coordinator, INGO/NGO Jobs. Jobs in Nepal, Jobs in Kathmandu and Bardibas, Job Vacancy will be discussed here with full details.
Possible is a collaboration between an independent Nepal-based non-governmental organization and a US-based non-profit.
We are two entities that operate independently, with a mutually interdependent partnership and a common goal of supporting health innovation in Nepal. Possible engages in rigorous and collaborative research and innovation to address evidence, implementation, and policy gaps in the equity, quality, and accessibility of healthcare. We envision a world where everyone, everywhere has access to high-quality healthcare rooted in evidence, inclusion, and equity. Our research endeavors and partnerships aim to address challenges in context and from stated or established needs rather than for the novelty of research.
As such we partner with community-based organizations, public and private sector academic institutions, and research organizations to leverage research and evidence to inform and implement innovative solutions to healthcare challenges in Nepal. For the last 15 years, we have led Nepal’s healthcare innovation, with partnerships spanning several international institutions such as Harvard Medical School, the University of California San Francisco, Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, and the University of Washington.
Possible New Job Vacancy 2023 in Details
Job Post: Implementation Research Coordinator
- Required No: 2 Positions
Possible, a non-governmental organization registered in Nepal, is seeking two Implementation Research Coordinators to assist in the roll-out of the implementation research related to mental health (MH) and non-communicable diseases (NCDs). This implementation research will utilize the stepped wedge randomized controlled trial design and will be conducted in collaboration with Possible and its partner sites. The Implementation Research Coordinators should see themselves as advocates for Possible’s mission, vision, and values.
Reports to: Senior Mental Health Research Manager
Direct Reports: Research Assistants
Works closely with: Works closely with Possible staff, advisors, and partners
Location: Kathmandu (1 position) and Bardibas (1 position) with 30-50% travel within district and/or partner sites.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Implementation Research Coordinators will work closely with the research team and partner sites and will be chiefly responsible for the following areas of work:
1. Support the rollout, and evaluation of MH and NCD implementation research protocols at Possible and partner sites, including all data processes, analysis, and write-up for manuscripts.
- Lead the roll-out of MH and NCD implementation and intervention research protocols at Possible;
- Support the hiring and onboarding of research assistants to the MH and NCD implementation research;
- Lead and/or guide staff (clinicians, community health workers, research assistants, and others) in implementing research protocols (e.g., training,
intervention, surveys, questionnaires, patient-centered outcomes) for MH and NCD research;
- Oversee translation and adaptation of data collection tools for implementation in Nepal;
- Work together with the research assistants, community health workers, and other related stakeholders to prepare for the sampling frame;
- Lead the draft and finalization of the scripts for research assistants relevant to the study procedures;
- Oversee appropriate integration of data tools in existing and new systems (e.g., integrating research tools in REDCap, and/or integrating tools within other digital platforms for use by community health workers) use by community health workers);
- Ensure ethical conduct of research by following protocols approved by institutional and national review boards;
- Discuss the progress and challenges at least once a week with the line manager and as required with the study team, including the multi-principal investigators;
- Lead meetings with the research team, consultants, partner sites, and advisors on research and facilitate cross-disciplinary learning.
2. Coordinate with the partner sites to implement stepped wedge randomized
- Engage with the partner sites on our MH and NCD research plan, activities, and progress on a regular basis, liaise with them to seek support as relevant;
- Provide guidance, supervision, and support in rolling out intervention;
- Provide guidance, supervision, and support, including logistics coordination to the community health workers in implementing the behavioral intervention as per the protocol;
- Coordinate training and stepped wedge randomized controlled trial implementation as per the protocol;
- Support/supervise research assistants to screen the research participants, receive consent, administer study tools, and follow all research procedures as per study protocol;
- Engage with partner sites and stakeholders (e.g., community-based organizations and local wards) to recruit research participants, update the
progress of the implementation research, and seek suggestions and feedback as relevant;
- Lead in the formation of the community advisory boards and facilitate their meetings quarterly;
- Coordinate and support the research team in data validation during the research process;
- Coordinate and support follow-up assessments of the research participants and data management and analysis (e.g., cleaning the database and conducting statistical data analysis using any software of choice like R, STATA, SPSS, SAS, etc.);
- Coordinate and support qualitative data collection and analysis (e.g. finalizing tools for focus groups, semi-structured interviews, coordinating interviews, and conducting analysis using any choice software like Dedoose, ATLAS.ti, etc.);
- Provide financial accounts of implementation activities to the Possible finance management team.
3. Support to documentation, and reporting of the research process, including
adverse/untoward events and dissemination
- Work closely with the research and support team (e.g., CHWs/RAs/counselors) in the field to ensure proper documentation of the research activities, data quality issues, and storage and transport of the research documents;
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of the trial procedures, including the challenges and issues raised during the recruitment, intervention, and follow-up process of the research participants;
- Support the research team in identifying and recording adverse/untoward events in the field during the recruitment and follow-up process;
- Provide support to reporting and other funders’ requirements for research studies;
- Prepare and ensure re/submission of IRB applications and other materials to support the implementation research;
- Provide support to reporting and other funders’ requirements for the research.
- Support the process of and participate in preparing manuscripts for submission to academic journals;
- Assist the team in executing protocols for disseminating research findings in lay media and the community of research participants.
The above list of responsibilities is not comprehensive and may be changed by the Mental health research officer and their Line Manager.
- Commitment to Possible’s Values, Mission & Vision
- Familiarization with randomized controlled trials (RCTs), including mixed-method research: The previous experience of being part of RCTs will be preferred.
- Passionate about implementation research and research uptake: Preference would be given to those who have experience in mental health and/or NCD, behavioral health, intervention, and/or implementation research.
- Ability to work independently and with a diverse team and a strong motivation and flexibility to travel to urban, semi-urban, and remote areas in Nepal
- Qualifications: Master’s in Public Health/Social Sciences or equivalent and relevant degree; at least two years of relevant research experience; proficiency in written and spoken English; high-level fluency in Nepali. Nepali Citizen based in Nepal.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND DEADLINE
Email CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying please include name and position in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until filled. Applications will be accepted until 22nd of June 2023. If we believe that you and Possible are good potential fit, we will contact you to advance the application process. Please note that due to a large volume of applications, we may not individually respond to your application.
Connects with Our Social Media
|Join in Telegram Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in WhatsApp Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Facebook Page||JOIN NOW|
|Join in YouTube Channel||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Viber Group||JOIN NOW|