Join our team as a Program Development and Quality Trainee in Lalitpur, Nepal. Contribute to transforming the lives of vulnerable children with World Vision International. Apply now! Program Development Trainee, Quality Traineeship, Job Opportunity Nepal, World Vision International, Children’s Charity, Nonprofit Careers, Entry-Level Jobs, Humanitarian Work, Nepal Vacancy, Christian Faith Organization, INGO Jobs, INGO Career in Nepal 2023, Vacancy in Lalitpur, Job Vacancy will be discussed here with full details.
Post: Program Development and Quality Trainee
Join Our Team and Transform Vulnerable Children’s Lives as a Program Development and Quality Trainee
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of vulnerable children and families? World Vision International Nepal is seeking a dedicated and dynamic Program Development and Quality (PDQ) Trainee to contribute to our mission of helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience the fullness of life. With over 70 years of experience, our work is inspired by our Christian faith, and we operate in nearly 100 countries.
Employee Contract Type: Local – Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
As a PDQ Trainee, you will play a crucial role in supporting the PDQ Department in its day-to-day functions. Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in drafting Terms of Reference for Area Programme and Technical Project assessments and design processes.
- Supporting in organizing assessment and design workshops, including agenda preparation and logistics management.
- Participating in assessment and design exercises in the field.
- Collecting relevant information to prepare program and project profiles.
- Assisting the MEALS team in creating program and project numbers.
- Supporting the Technical team in preparing design narratives and annexes during proposal/program design.
- Preparing key project reports (semi-annual, annual), design documents, and other program output documents.
- Keeping track of monthly external engagement progress and producing analysis reports.
- Assisting the team in prototyping innovative ideas that contribute to World Vision’s mission.
- Supporting the implementation and scale-up of ideas generated in the Nepal Innovation Lab (NLab) and other departments.
- Assisting the program team in quality program and project design and implementation.
- Coordinating with program teams to compile data and information for key programmatic documents.
- Preparing field visit and support plans for PDQ team members.
- Preparing newsletters, including quarterly updates received from the PDQ team.
- Supporting with identifying contacts and arranging meetings with key stakeholders.
- Preparing user manuals and training materials to orient/train stakeholders on the use of digital solutions developed.
- Conducting trainings and workshops to orient/train stakeholders regarding the use of digital solutions.
- Liaising with remote teams for solution deployment.
- Monitoring, tracking, and documenting activities to report progress to internal and external stakeholders.
- Supporting with scheduling and preparing for meetings, including diary and room booking, vehicle requests, and gathering documentation and materials.
- Arranging logistics for meetings, trainings, and workshops, including coordination with the team to agree on common dates.
- Attending key meetings to take minutes, distribute them, and follow up on agreed actions with meeting participants.
- Providing translation support when required.
Qualifications for the Role:
Required Professional Experience:
- Writing development and/or academic proposals.
- Working with multiple teams.
- Knowledge of MS Office Package (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
Required Education, Training, License, Registration, and Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in any development themes such as Development Studies, Public Health, Education, Agriculture, or project planning and management. Other fields will be considered as well.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Coordination skills – ability to work and facilitate work across teams.
- Strong interpersonal and marketing skills.
- Proficiency in marketing research and statistical analysis.
- Willingness to learn about new and evolving technology.
- Proven track record of managing activities, resources, equipment, and information to ensure excellence in operations in complex project environments.
- Strong creative capacity across communications and problem-solving, and the ability to challenge the status quo through creative and design processes.
- Ability to communicate complex information to a non-technological audience.
- Excellent written English skills, and ideally, development program writing skills.
- Data analysis in Excel and infographics skill is a plus.
- Administration skills.
Travel and Work Environment:
- Able to coordinate well across teams and units.
- Dynamic working hours may require commitment beyond the 9-5 working hours in line with WVI Nepal’s flexible working policy.
- Committed to World Vision Ethos, Mission, Vision, and Core values.
- Travel may be required to field locations.
- Fluent in English and Nepali.
World Vision is committed to achieving diversity, as the diversity of our teams is critical to our overall success. WV welcomes applications from qualified professionals all over Nepal. Women, people with disabilities, and members from other marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with WV as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury, and any other harm. One of the ways that WVI Nepal shows this ongoing commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates, in accordance with its Child and Adult Safeguarding Policy. WVI Nepal has zero tolerance for child rights’ violations, by employees and/or affiliates.
WVI Nepal reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.
Join us in making a difference in the lives of vulnerable children. Apply today and be a part of our dedicated team at World Vision International Nepal.
People & Culture Department
World Vision International Nepal
Applicant Types Accepted: Local Applicants Only
NATIONAL OFFICE – KC Tower, Kusunti, Lalitpur-13 – Kathmandu
G.P.O. Box 21969
Phone No: +977-01-5970877 Fax No: +977-1-5013570
URBAN PROGRAMME OFFICE – KC Tower, Kusunti, Lalitpur-13
GPO BOX 21969
Phone: +977-01-5970877 | Fax: +977-1-5013570
EAST FIELD OFFICE – Bargachhi, Bardibas Municipality-1, Mahottari
WEST FIELD OFFICE – Hasanpur, Dhangadhi Sub-Metropolitan City–5, Kailali
(Note: We simply posted this job opening for informational purposes. So, please read the information and submit an application using the website or email address provided.)
Connects with Our Social Media
|Join in Telegram Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in WhatsApp Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Facebook Page||JOIN NOW|
|Join in YouTube Channel||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Viber Group||JOIN NOW|