Latest Public Engagement Assistant Job Vacancy at U.S. Embassy Ktm. Apply Now ! American Embassy Job Vacancy, Career in U.S. Embassy, Vacancy in Kathmandu, Nepal Jobs, Kathmandu Jobs, Public Engagement Assistant Job, All Interested Applicants, Education Outreach Coordinator Vacancy, Permanent Job, Bachelor’s degree in Education, Job Vacancy will be discussed here with full details.
Public Engagement Assistant
|Public Engagement Assistant (Education Outreach Coordinator)- All Interested Applicants
|12/01/2023 – 12/15/2023 Format MM/DD/YYYY
|Vacancy Time Zone
|LE – 6510 8
|NPR ₨1,820,073 /Per Year
|Full-time – 40 hours per week
|1 Vacancy in Kathmandu, NP
|For More Info
|HR Section, 977-1-4234000, Recruitktm1@state.gov
|Open to the public
|Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency
|All Interested Applicants/All Sources For applicants who are USEFMs, the final grade/step for the position will be determined by Washington DC. The proposed grade is FP-06.
|Security Clearance Required
|Public Trust – Background Investigation
|Appointment Type Details
|Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period.
|We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The U.S. Mission in Kathmandu, Nepal is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Public Engagement Assistant (Education Outreach Coordinator) . This vacancy is open to All Interested Applicants.
The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
|Relocation Expenses Reimbursed
|Occasional Travel/ Occasional travel may be required.
- The incumbent coordinates education engagement with Emerging Voices (EV) audiences, reaching youth, minorities and those who influence them through targeted Mission outreach to secondary schools, promotion of American Studies content and curricula in institutions of higher learning, and promotion of academic study in the U.S. through Education USA advising programs.
- The incumbent plans and implements programs that expand student access to accurate information about the U.S. history, literature, society, culture, values, and economic and political systems.
- The incumbent provides accurate and comprehensive information and advice to students, parents, teachers, guidance counselors, and local and national government officials regarding study abroad opportunities at U.S. higher education institutions.
- In consultation with the Resource Coordination unit, the incumbent prepares, manages and tracks annual and individual project budgets for education outreach programs, and contributes to the overall Public Diplomacy Resource Allocation Module (PDRAM).
- The incumbent maintains office records and files, and ensures that education outreach activities and initiatives are recorded in activity tracker and contact databases as needed.
Qualifications and Evaluations
|A minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in a multinational educational or cultural work environment is required, with education, communication, marketing and public outreach duties as significant parts of the job.
|Bachelor’s degree in Education, International Relations, Communications, or Business Management is required.
|These may be tested (Language, Skills and Abilities).
|Fluent speaking/reading/writing English is required. Fluent speaking/reading/writing Nepali is required.
Please specify in your application your level of proficiency in ALL languages listed above.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good analytical, communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Good technical skills on using social media, mobile platforms and digital tools are required. Ability to use MS Word and MS Excel is required.
- Basic ability to use photo and video tools are required.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Benefits and Other Info
Agency Benefits: Benefits will be explained during job offer.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in
the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so
may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
1. AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
2. AEFM / USEFM
3. FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification.
- A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service.
- Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a security clearance.
Applications must be completed and submitted through Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA).
Applicants must address each required qualification with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so will result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
To apply, please click the “APPLY TO THIS VACANCY” button, create or log-in to your ERA account and begin the application process.
For information on ERA and detailed instructions on how to apply, please visit the ERA information page in our internet site below:
ERA information page-Internet site: https://np.usembassy.gov/jobs/
Paper or e-mailed applications are not accepted.
To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date ofthis announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
- Proof of Citizenship
- Education Transcript
- Other Documents (e.g. Experience Certificates)
- Training certificates
- Residency Permit (If applicable)
- List of Reference
Eligible Family Member (EFM) applicants must also submit the following documents
- Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Passport copy
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language/skills test or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Kathmandu, Nepal.
This Job Opportunity May Also Best for You: Mandandeupur Municipality New Vacancy 2080 for Various Positions
Thank you so much for reading the job vacancy post ”Public Engagement Assistant Job Vacancy at U.S. Embassy Ktm” till the end. If you have any doubt and hesitation regarding this vacancy on your mind then you are requested to comment down or message us through our social medias , we will reply you as soon as possible because we are ready to help for you.
Dear Jobseekers, If you wants to get foreign or national latest job vacancy opportunity alerts then stay tuned and follow us on our various below :
|Join in Telegram Group
|Join in WhatsApp Group
|Join in Facebook Page
|Join in YouTube Channel
|Join in Viber Group
Note : Simply, we shares national and international job opportunity through this website for the educational and informational purpose only. We are not any hiring company and hiring agency. So please read the job vacancy information completely and submit an application using website, email address or manpower details above mentioned.