Senior Human Resources Officer Vacancy in Nigeria..
Senior Human Resources Officer Vacancy in Nigeria will be check here with complete information regarding this vacancy notice. If you are interested on these jobs in Nigeria then these jobs will be very suitable for you. To know the details about these jobs then you are requested to keep reading till the end of post.
- Maiduguri, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
Job posted Date: 31 December 2022
Job requisition id: Requisition – 2022202482
Position Title: Senior Human Resources Officer
Supervisor: Human Resources Manager
The Senior HR Officer will work with the HR Manager to provide operational support to implement effective and functional Human Resources (HR) processes for FHI360 Nigeria in the Northeast, in all functional areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support for New Hire orientation including communicating
orientation timetables to all facilitators, drafting introductory email for all new hires,
budgets preparation, coordinate new hire documentation to foster positive attitude toward
organizational objectives as may be required.
- Support recruitment needs such as screen applications, prepare offer letters, conduct reference checks, make offers, participate in interviews as necessary, and draft job adverts.
- Provide technical support to Field coordinators and sector leads in the recruitment of community volunteers and ensuring SOPs are adhered to.
- Follow up on staff insurances and update technical leads on issues relating to staff insurances and manage records.
- Ensure external requests for all staff are completed including visa application introductory letters, reference check requests, loan facility requests, etc. Maintain data base for such applications, track report and communicate status to CO-HR backstop.
- Facilitate staff appraisal processes, ensuring 360-degree feedback, communicate status to relevant parties and forward completed forms to CO-HR backstop for review and further processing.
- Manage staff separation and escalate to CO & HQ HR when required
- Provide regular briefings to CO HR on NE HR matters, including the status of recruitment, training, leave balances, etc.
- Ensure conformity with recruitment requirements and compliance with the rules and regulations.
- Work with the CO HR to ensure day-to-day operations of HR-related functions are addressed in a timely, efficient, and proactive manner.
- Develop & maintain a strong network with other INGO’s/Professional association to strengthen the Organization’s pool of qualified candidates.
- Interpret and provide guidance and instruction to NE staff and teams on HR processes,
policies, workflow, and work unit priorities.
- Conduct investigations, complaints of discrimination, harassment, PSEA, and other workplace complaints in a timely, objective, professional, and thorough manner. Escalate to CO HR, HQ HR, Management and/or Compliance as applicable
- Serve as a link between the HR and employees by handling questions, interpreting and
administering contracts, and helping to resolve work related problems in consultation with
Educates and supports management & staff in implementation of HR programs, practices and initiatives
- Work with CO HR to identify training and development opportunities using staff
performance and development plans as a standard and working with Unit Heads.
- In consultation with the Human Resources in country office, will make decisions on HR
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff,
subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use
judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Use a computer to accurately and rapidly enter and retrieve data and information.
- Working knowledge of in-country employment regulations, e.g., Nigerian labor/employee
relations statutes and capacity to apply them to FHI Nigeria.
- Strong knowledge in salary structure and development, benefits and compensation,
surveys/benchmarking and job evaluation systems.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a
- Objectivity and the ability to apply HR rules and regulations in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own
initiative and as a member of a team.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25% to hardship locations.
Qualifications and requirements:
- BS/BA degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent
with 5 – 7 years of relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent,
and 3 – 5 years relevant experience.
- A higher degree or professional qualification in HR is an advantage
- Certified member of Chartered Institute of Personnel Management or related body is an advantage.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and computer (Excel and spreadsheet) skills are required.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required,
- English Fluency required; Hausa is an added value
- Experience and good working knowledge of USAID regulations is an advantage.
- Experience of HR in the not-for-profit sector is an advantage.
FHI 360 is committed to provide a safe environment for all employees, beneficiaries and anyone contracted by FHI 360. This Includes taking measures to protecting vulnerable people from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA) by either FHI 360 employees or associated personnel. FHI 360 abides by child safeguarding principles.
FHI 360’s Safeguarding Policies apply and flow out to all FHI 360 staff, board members, volunteers, and partner staff (subcontractors, consultants, vendors, and sub-recipients), regardless of the funding mechanism or amount of contract, agreement, or purchase order.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Visit Site Click here
Thank you so much reading till end. If you have any query regarding this vacancy notice on your mind feel free to comment down, we will reply as soon as possible.