New Supply Chain Job Vacancy 2023 in World food Programme, INGO jobs in Nepal, Career in World food Programme, Latest INGO jobs in Nepal will be discussed here with full detail.
Supply Chain Officer Job Vacancy (Capacity Strengthening and Partnership) (399806)
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourage qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
The Limited Fixed Term (LFT) position leads the Supply Chain and Emergency Preparedness and Response team and reports to the Deputy Country Director.
Job Purpose for Supply Chain Job Vacancy 2023:
WFP Nepal’s Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023) has initiated a transition from direct implementation of food security and nutrition programmes to more specialised technical assistance and capacity strengthening of the government as well as national programmes. In its next CSP (2024-2029), the CO will further expand this shift.
A key component of this shift is implemented through the CO’s supply chain unit and focused on strengthening the government’s overall supply chain (SC) as well as its emergency preparedness and response (EPR) capacity. While excellent progress has been made over the years, The full transition to government of the EPR and SC capacity investment is planned to be completed by the end of 2024.
This position(Supply Chain Job Vacancy ) will lead the supply chain unit that is at the centre of capacity strengthening efforts for supply chain more broadly and the EPR project in particular.
Supply Chain Job Vacancy 2023 in Details:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS (Supply Chain Job Vacancy )
Position Title: Supply Chain Officer (Capacity Strengthening and Partnership)
Contract Type: Limited Fixed Term (LFT)
Contract Duration: 12 months (renewable)
Duty Station: Kathmandu, Nepal
Vacancy Number: 399806
*Limited Fixed-Term Appointment (LFT) position is a non-mobile staff appointment in the international professional category for a limited period for up to 4 years and is open to all nationalities (for HQ and RBs) or candidates must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment (for Country Offices). The position is based in Kathmadu, Nepal and the selected candidate will be expected to relocate. Incumbents of LFT positions are not eligible to apply for other mobile positions advertised internally through the Reassignment.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package in line with ICSC standards (http://icsc.un.org) including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, a pension plan, and medical insurance.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive) for Supply Chain Job Vacancy:
- Lead and guide the SC and EPR team at the CO and provide support and oversight to relevant staff at Field Offices, embedded in government entities, located warehouses and the Humanitarian Staging Areas.
- Provide coaching, training and career guidance as required to ensure appropriate staff development and to enable high performing team.
- Lead the refinement of the government capacity strengthening strategy for SC and EPR also with a view to a full transitioning of the EPR project.
- Provide government and partners with technical and managerial capacity to run efficiently, effectively and sustainably the Humanitarian Staging areas at national, provincial and sub-provincial levels.
- Contribute to both government and WFP preparedness actions, providing technical recommendations and guidance and monitoring the management of specific supply chain risks to enable governments, WFP and other partners to quickly respond and deploy food and resources at the onset of the crisis.
- Support the government to plan and implement supply chain operations to ensure timely, cost-effective delivery of commodities and services in time of increased needs or to respond to crises.
- Provide world-class on-demand supply chain services to government, UN agencies and development partners, further positioning WFP as a partner of choice.
- Work closely with the Head of Programme and all activity managers to provide advice and high-quality capacity strengthening services for the School Meals Programme, rice fortification interventions and resilience/climate programmes.
- Expand and maintain partnerships with relevant line ministries and development partners to advance the capacity strengthening strategy including the allocation of necessary financial means.
- In close collaboration with the external relations unit, engage with development partners and government to raise resources to sustain and where needed expand the SC and EPR capacity strengthening efforts.
- Support relevant line ministries in budget planning for sustainable SC and EPR capacity at all levels.
- Co-lead, together with the senior management team and the strategic planning lead, the development of a WFP Nepal country capacity strengthening strategy that will inform the 2G CSP and guide all other units in the CO.
- Supervise and implement Food Safety and Quality activities in support to CO’s programmes related to food assistance or through direct technical assistance to the government and private sector.
- Analyse context and supervise Supply Chain activities related to Cash Base Transfer activities
- Lead Nepal’s Logistic Cluster in preparedness and response activities.
- Other as required.
EXPECTED OUTCOMES from Supply Chain Job Vacancy
- Refined government capacity strengthening strategy for SC and EPR. More efficient and effective government systems and procedures in place to provide assistance in the context of scaled up social protection and shock-responsive programmes.
- Fully handed over EPR project and sustainable government management plan of HSAs in place (including SOPs). Improved government capability to respond to emergencies.
- Input into the 2G CSP country capacity strengthening component.
- Funding proposals and briefing documents as needed.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS for Supply Chain Job Vacancy
Education Supply Chain Job Vacancy : Advanced University degree in Transport Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Business Management or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE for Supply Chain Job Vacancy
Five years of post-graduate professional experience in capacity strengthening for supply chain and emergency preparedness and response, or related fields.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS for Supply Chain Job Vacancy
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS(Supply Chain Job Vacancy )
- Proven skills in and knowledge of corporate country capacity strengthening approaches and tools, including on government and private sector partnerships.
- Proven project management experience across the entire project cycle including resource mobilization and development partner liaison.
- Experience in leading project teams and supervising staff.
- Demonstrated skills in collaborative problem-solving, lateral thinking and prioritization in high-pressure working environments are an advantage.
- Behavioural competencies such as action management, client orientation, cognitive capacity, innovation, partnering and teamwork.
- Proven fundraising/partnership expertise in Nepal.
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK: COMMON STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOUR(Supply Chain Job Vacancy )
All WFP Employees are expected to demonstrate the competencies and standards of behavior aligned with our core values and defined in the WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK, namely:
- Leading by example with integrity,
- Driving results and delivering on commitments,
- Fostering inclusive and collaborative teamwork,
- Applying strategic thinking,
- Building and maintaining sustainable partnerships.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Supply Chain Job Vacancy No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Deadline of Application for Supply Chain Job Vacancy: 14 February 2023
To Apply Click Here
Read Also: INGO/NGO jobs in Nepal 2023