UN Women New Vacancy Announces 2023 for Programme Specialist, INGO Jobs, INGO Career, Jobs in Kathmandu, Jobs in Nepal, Job Vacancy will be discussed here with full details.
UN Women New Vacancy Announces
Jobs Post: Programme Specialist, Inclusive Governance (NO-C)
Location: Kathmandu, NEPAL
Additional Category: Management
Type of Contract: FTA Local
Post Level: NO-C
Languages Required: English
Starting Date: (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 01-Aug-2023
Duration of Initial Contract: 12 months (with possibility of extension)
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
About the Portfolio/Programme/Project
UN Women Nepal’s Strategic Note (SN) for the period 2023-27 lays out the agency’s unique role and comparative advantage in supporting national stakeholders in advancing gender equality and the empowerment of women in line with internationally agreed normative standards. The SN is aligned with and contributes to Nepal’s national priorities as described in Nepal’s Fifteen Plan, its gender equality commitments, the needs of women’s organisations and the UNSDCF 2023-27 with a commitment of leaving no one behind.
UN Women is one of the participating UN Agencies in the EU funded UN Joint Programme “Empowered Women, Prosperous Nepal”. This is a four-year (2023-2026) joint programme to be implemented by four agencies (UNICEF, UN Women, ILO and UNFPA) . The project will be implemented in three provinces of Nepal namely Madhesh, Karnali and Sudurpaschim province.
The overall objective of the JP is to contribute to the full realisation of Nepalese women and girls’ human rights and agency. The project seeks to unlock Nepalese women and girls’ potential through strategic actions targeting the underlying drivers of gender inequality and investment in gender equality accelerators.
In realizing the aforementioned objectives, the project will focus on achieving the following outcomes (1) Men and boys, families and communities demonstrate more gender-equitable behaviours and support for positive social and gender norms that promote GEWE, and women and girls have increased agency and voice. (2) Women, men, girls and boys, in all their diversity, access opportunities to exercise their equal economic, labour and social rights. (3) Institutions deliver gender equality outcomes in all spheres, in line with international and national normative frameworks.
Reporting to the Head of Programmes, the Programme Specialist exercises overall responsibility for planning, implementing, and managing UN Women interventions under their portfolio (i.e. the EU-UN Joint Programme). The Programme Specialist works in close collaboration with the programme and operations team, UN Women HQ staff, Government officials, multi and bi-lateral donors and civil society ensuring successful UN Women programme implementation under portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities
Design and develop programme strategies in the area of Inclusive Governance
- Design and formulate programme/ project proposals and initiatives;
- Draft inputs to country strategy documents, briefs, policy dialogue and other documents related to Inclusive Governance.
Manage the implementation and management of the EU- UN Joint programme
- Finalize the annual workplan and budget and manage their implementation;
- Manage the technical implementation of the programme; ensure synergies with other teams;
- Manage the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports;
- Provide guidance to personnel and partners on Results Based Management tools and performance indicators;
- Organize Project Steering Committee, project review and/or evaluation meetings, as needed.
Manage technical assistance and capacity development to EU- UN Joint programme partners
- Manage the implementation of technical advice and guidance. Develop and implement technical tools, and initiatives
- Build and manage relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the EU-UN joint programme; respond to any potential problems;
- Identify capacity building needs of partners and lead the coordination of technical assistance, mentoring, training and capacity development initiatives to partners.
Manage the monitoring and reporting of the EU- UN Joint programme
- Manage the monitoring of programme implementation and finances using results based management tools;
- Oversee field missions and review reports on monitoring missions;
- Write quarterly reports and donor reports, focusing on results, output and outcomes;
- Contribute to office donor and UN Women reports.
Manage the people and financial resources of the EU-UN joint programme
- Manage the programme budget and draft financial reports;
- Supervise Programme Analysts and Technical Specialists; Mentor and coach personnel and conduct performance assessments;
- Oversee recruitment processes, as necessary.
Build partnerships and support in developing resource mobilization strategies
- Develop and implement partnerships and resource mobilization strategies;
- Finalize relevant documentation on donors and potential opportunities for resource mobilization;
- Analyze and research information on donors, prepare substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for cost sharing.
Contribute to inter-agency coordination on Inclusive Governance to achieve coherence and alignment of UN Women programmes with other partners in the country
- Provide technical support to the Representative and Deputy Representative on inter-agency coordination related activities by attending meetings, events, and participating in groups and committees as needed, specifically related to the EU-UN Joint Programme;
- Coordinate with other UN agencies, government departments, donors and NGOs to ensure the projects’ capacity development programme is harmonized and aligned with other in-country efforts.
Manage advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts
- Develop and review background documents, briefs and presentations related to the EU-UN joint programme;
- Represent UN Women in meetings and policy dialogues on issues related to the EU-UN joint programme as necessary;
- Develop advocacy strategies and oversee their implementation;
- Identify best practices and lessons learned to guide programme improvement and strategy planning;
- Develop knowledge management strategies, products and methodologies on EU-UN joint programme.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Strong programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Strong knowledge of Results Based Management
- Ability to synthesize program performance data and produce analytical reports to inform management and strategic decision-making
- Strong knowledge of gender equality and women’s rights specifically inclusive governance
- Strong analytical skills
Ability to identify and analyze trends, opportunities and threats to fundraising and develop strategies
Required Skills and Experience
Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the complete documents will not be considered for further assessment). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Motivation letter
- UN Women Personal History form (P-11), which can be downloaded from https://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employment/application-process
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
UN Women has a zero-tolerance against Sexual exploitation and Abuse (SEA) and sexual harassment (SH). Everyone is responsible for preventing sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA), and all UN personnel must adhere to the standards of conduct that preserves PSEA principles (both during work hours and outside work hours). All selected candidates will, therefore, go through a safe hiring process.
UN Women retain the rights to contract referees directly. UN Women is committed to achieve work force diversity (in term of gender, nationality, minority groups, caste/ethnic groups, Person with Disability etc.) and have policy to have gender balance among staff at all levels. Qualified female candidates and candidates particularly from disadvantage and socially excluded groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with highest confidentiality.
15-Jun-23 (Midnight New York, USA)
Connects with Our Social Media
|Join in Telegram Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in WhatsApp Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Facebook Page||JOIN NOW|
|Join in YouTube Channel||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Viber Group||JOIN NOW|