UNICEF New Vacancy 2023 for Chief Field Office, INGO Jobs, INGO Career, Career in UNICEF, Job in Nepal, Dhangadhi, Job Vacancy will be discussed here with full details.
UNICEF New Vacancy 2023 for Chief Field Office
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a future
Chief Field Office, NOC, Fixed Term, Dhangadhi Field Office, Nepal #124154
Job no: 564273
Position type: Fixed Term Appointment
Department/Office: Dhangadhi, Nepal
Categories: Programme Management
Important Date and link
|Application Opening Date||Jul 24, 2023 Nepal Standard Time|
|Application Closing Date||Aug 13, 2023 Nepal Standard Time|
|To Apply (Official Link)||Click Here|
Purpose of the job:
Under the guidance of the Representative of the UNICEF Nepal Country Office, the Chief Field Office (CFO) is accountable for managing and leading the total programme commitment of the Dhangadhi field office for Sudur Paschim Province within UNICEF Nepal country programme. The CFO represents UNICEF in his/her Area of Responsibility (AoR), Promotes the organization goals of UNICEF through active advocacy and communication in line with UNICEF national advocacy guidelines and strategy. Leads and oversees the various program sectors and operational service teams ensuring the delivery of quality results in accordance with UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF) Nepal, UNICEF’s programme of cooperation, country programme management plan and overall vision set forward by the Representative.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
1. Effective management of UNICEF presence, staff, and assets:
- Represent UNICEF in the region, by participating in meetings and events, moving forward the agenda for children.
- Facilitate, take, and implement measures to ensure the safety and security of UNICEF staff and assets.
- Effectively lead the Field Office team and manage the performance and conduct the staff members to deliver results for children
2. Knowledge Management for Programmes:
- Ensure that area/country programmes are supported by knowledge management through data collection and analysis, complete and accurate reporting as well as participation in the Programme Knowledge Network system of “lessons learned” and other corporate-level databases.
- Participate in information exchange through donor and media visits as well as in the development of training and orientation material.
3. Programme Development and Management:
- Identify critical intervention points and measures by administering a consistent and transparent monitoring system; analyse country and provincial level socio-political-economic trends and their implications for ongoing programmes and projects.
- Draft changes to/or prepare programme work plans as required. Prepare program recommendations for inclusion in formal programme documentation, and new approaches, methods and practices.
- Establishes programme work plans, monitors compliance and provides training, support and guidance to the programme team in order to meet objectives. Identifies human resources requirements and ongoing staff development needs.
- Reviews and evaluates the technical, institutional and financial feasibility and constraints of programme/projects in collaboration with the Government and other partners.
- Prepares relevant programme reports required for management, donors, budget reviews, programme analysis, annual reports, etc.
4. Optimum Use of Program Funds:
- Establish and supervise programme work plans and monitor progress and compliance. Monitor the overall allocation and disbursement of programme funds, making sure that funds are properly coordinated, monitored and liquidated. Take appropriate actions to optimize use of programme funds. Ensure programme efficiency and delivery through a rigorous and transparent approach to programme planning, monitoring and evaluation.
5. Programme Monitoring and Evaluations:
- Undertakes field visits and ensures that his/her staff conduct field visits to monitor and assess programme implementation and decides on required corrective action.
- Carry out a rigorous and transparent approach to evaluate and participate in the major programme evaluation exercises in consultation with the Representative, the Operations Officer, the Evaluation Officer and others to improve the efficiency and quality of programme delivery. Participate in annual sector review meetings with government counterparts including federal, provincial and municipal level governments. Ensure the timely preparation of annual program status reports.
6. Rights-Based and Results-Based Programme Management Approach:
- Adopt rights-based programmes approach in the formulation of programme goals and objectives and development of strategies and implementation frameworks. Formulate consistent and effective planning, design, implementation, monitoring and/or evaluation of programmes and projects. Bring coherence, synergy and added value to the programming planning and design processes using a results-based management approach to programme planning and design.
- Prepare and submit viable recommendations on project implementation, alternative approaches, and optimal utilization of resources that contribute effectively to the fulfilment of the rights of children and women, and recommendations on programme, new initiatives and management issues to ensure achievement of stated objectives.
7. National and Local Capacity Building/Sustainability:
- Provide authorities and service providers with technical support and guidance to plan and organize training programmes for the purpose of capacity building and programme sustainability.
- Ensure the building and reinforcing of the commitment and institutional capacities of the national and local partners starting with taking a strategic approach to the identification of these partners and partnerships.
8. Rights Perspective and Advocacy at the National, Community and Family Levels:
- Conduct policy analysis from a children’s and women’s rights perspective and advocacy at the government, community and family levels for elevating credibility in national and international policy debates. Promote the organization goals of UNICEF through active advocacy and communication in line with UNICEF national advocacy guidelines and strategy.
9. Partnership, Coordination and Collaboration:
- Develop partnerships and collaboration with internal and external counterparts, including those of the UN and national partners, in order to improve the ability to collect and disseminate development data and information, exchange information on programme/project status and implement and movement/distribution of supplies. Linkage to the Regional Programme Knowledge Network to ensure the availability of current and accurate programme data.
- Collaborate with the Operations Section to establish and maintain sound internal controls supportive of programming endeavours and to coordinate financial and supply management requirements and accountability.
- Maintain close collaboration with heads of sectoral programmes in the CO, Regional and HQ advisers for effective overall coordination on programmes.
- Plans develops and implements sectoral programme(s) by collaborating with the government and other partners. Provide leadership in the provision of technical advice, negotiation, advocacy and promotion of area/country-level goals, leading to agreement on practicable and priority actions to be supported by UNICEF programme and country-level cooperation.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: social sciences, international relations, public administration, government and public relations, public or social policy, sociology, social or community development, or another relevant technical field.
- A first-level University Degree (bachelor’s degree) in a relevant field combined with additional five (5) Years of Professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of five years of professional work experience in programme management, planning, monitoring and evaluation, project administration or another relevant area is required.
- Experience in leading and managing a team of professionals is required.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or international organization is considered as an asset.
- Familiarity/ background with emergencies is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English, Nepali and the local language of the duty station is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter:
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
(1) Builds and maintains partnerships (2) Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (3) Drive to achieve results for impact (4) Innovates and embraces change (5) Manages ambiguity and complexity (6) Thinks and acts strategically (7) Works collaboratively with others.
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
This position has been assessed as an elevated risk role for Child Safeguarding purposes as it is:a role with direct contact with children, works directly with children, is a safeguarding response role. Additional vetting and assessment for elevated risk roles in child safeguarding (potentially including additional criminal background checks) apply.
UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible and suitable female candidates are encouraged to apply.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments are also subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Connects with Our Social Media
|Join in Telegram Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in WhatsApp Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Facebook Page||JOIN NOW|
|Join in YouTube Channel||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Viber Group||JOIN NOW|