USAID Nepal Job Vacancy-2023 for Project Accountant, Career in INGO in Nepal 2023, Jobs in USAID Nepal 2023, Latest INGO Job Vacancy in Nepal, Project Accountant Job Vacancy in Nepal, Full-Time Jobs in Nepal, Jobs in Kathmandu will be discussed here with full details regarding the post of vacancy.
USAID Nepal Job Vacancy-2023 for Project Accountant:
USAID Nepal invites applications for employment from all interested and qualified candidates for the position of Project Accountant in the Office of Financial Management, as a Locally Employed Staff under a Personal Services Contractor (PSC). This solicitation in no way obligates USAID to award a PSC contract, nor does it commit USAID to pay any cost incurred in the preparation and submission of the offers, and is subject to the availability of hinds.
USAID/Nepal is an equal opportunity employer committed to a staff composition that reflects the social and ethnic diversity of Nepali society. We believe that social inclusion and diversity contribute to excellence. USAID/Nepal makes hiring decisions without regard for gender, gender identity, caste, race, ethnicity, disability, marital status, age (if over 40), or sexual orientation. Applicants from ALL backgrounds are encouraged to apply USAID Nepal Job Vacancy-2023 for Project Accountant.
OPEN TO: Cooperating Country Nationals – The position is open to Cooperating Country Nationals, which means an individual who is a Nepali Citizen, or a non-cooperating country citizen lawfully admitted for permanent residence in Nepal.
USAID Nepal Job Vacancy-2023 for Project Accountant in Details;
POSITION: Project Accountant- FSNPSC-10
|Required Number||2 (Two)|
|Apply Opening Date||18 January 2023|
|Apply Closing Date||1 February 2023, 5 PM Ktm time|
|Working Hours||40 hours/week|
|Join Our Telegram||CLICK HERE|
NOTE: THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION USAID (Nepal Job Vacancy-2023);
- USAID/Nepal is classified as a large mission implementing a diverse portfolio in the areas of Democracy & Governance (DO 1), Economic Growth (DO 2), Health & Education (DO 3), and Natural Resource & Disaster Risk Management (DO 4). In support of this portfolio, the Project Accountant is responsible for performing a full range of project accounting in managing, directing, and maintaining accounting records with an operational yearly budget (OYB) of approximately $130 million and $7.5 million in Operating Expenses (OE).
- S/he reviews, analyzes, reconciles, and provides funds availability clearance on funding documents; provides oversight, monitoring and control of funds usage to ensure the availability of funds; analyzes past, current, and future burn rates and project pipelines to ensure that adequate funding for programs and activities is available.
- S/he oversees the data extraction from other financial systems including Govemmentwide Accounting (GWA) and Intra-Govenunental Payment and Collection System (IPAC) and ensures that other system transactions not recorded in Phoenix are properly analyzed and posted as applicable.
- S/he prepares the monthly SF-224 and SF-1221 reconciliations, follows up and clears all aged items over 90 days, and certifies the reports to the Controller prior to submission to USAID/W. S/he reviews outstanding fund balances and reviews and approves accrual worksheets before their being recorded in Phoenix.
- The position holder needs to be knowledgeable of various computerized accounting, procurement and reporting systems such as Phoenix, E2i, e-CART, ILMS/ARIBA, and GLAAS, etc. that are critical to ensure consistent, structured and accurate preparation of the Mission financial reports, Agency periodic & special reports, as well as for responding to the financial enquiries by USAID/W, Mission management, clients and auditors.
- The job holder is under the supervision of the Chief Accountant, providing support to assigned technical teams and senior management.
- S/he backups the OE Accounting Technician and Chief Accountant in formulating the Cost of Operations Budget and preparing quarterly OE spend plans for the Mission.
- S/he also has primary responsibility for the Mission’s Governmentwide Accounting (GWA) report and the monthly SF-224/ SF-1221 cash reconciliations with the U.S. Treasury and U.S. Disbursing Office (USDO), and response to USAID/W on any issues/ unreconciled items. And finally, s/he is the primary back-stop for the Chief Accountant position if and when required.
- The job holder must be able to promote a work environment that fosters respect for each other, equity, diversity, and inclusion and that does not tolerate harassment, exclusion, or inequality. S/he must have demonstrated leadership in integrating and achieving equity, diversity, and inclusion in their area of work and in the workplace.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR USAID NEPAL JOB VACANCY-2023:
Education: A University degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field is required.
Prior Work Experience: A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in professional accounting and financial management is required.
Language Proficiency: Level IV (fluent) in English reading, speaking, and writing is required.
Job Knowledge: Excellent knowledge and understanding of professional accounting principles, theories, practices, and terminology as well as the principles and procedures of business financial accounting, budgeting, and reporting is desired.
Skills and Abilities for USAID Nepal Job Vacancy-2023
- Excellent analytical skills and sound judgment are required. The job holder must be able to compile and present detailed financial information in a concise and professional manner.
- S/he must be able to understand and implement financial management operations required by US law or regulation. The job holder must possess excellent communication skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of personnel in the Mission and outside contacts in a collegial professional manner. The ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision is required.
- S/he must have solid word processing and spreadsheet skills and be proficient in the use of office software, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
To Apply Procedure for USAID Nepal Job Vacancy-2023:
- A detailed job description for the position of USAID Nepal Job Vacancy-2023 can be obtained by visiting USAID/Nepal’s website at www.usaid.gov/nepal/careers or by requesting USAID/Nepal’s Human Resources Office (USAIDNepalFIR@usaid.gov).
- Interested applicants for USAID Nepal Job Vacancy-2023 should submit a cover letter and a resume – not to exceed 3 pages – and any other documentation that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed in the full job description.
- Please provide names of three references, their contact numbers and email addresses as well for USAID Nepal Job Vacancy-2023.
- Please send your application to the attention of USAID/Nepal Human Resources Office, U.S. Embassy Maharajgunj, G.P.O. Box. 295, Kathmandu, Nepal. Applications may be sent electronically to: USAIDNepa1HR@usaid.gov
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted to participate in the hiring process for USAID Nepal Job Vacancy-2023 for Project Accountant
(Announcement Number: 23-02)
USAID/Nepal Human Resources Office,
Address: Maharajgunj, Kathmandu, Bagmati Province, Nepal
G.P.O. Box. 295,
Phone: 977-1-423-4620Fax: 977-1-400-7285 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://www.usaid.gov/nepal Read Also: Latest INGO/NGO jobs available in Nepal