Youth Innovation Job Vacancy for Planning Officer 2023 Latest job vacancy in Nepal, NGO job Vacancy in Nepal 2023, Job Vacancy only for Woman, Thematic Lead Job Vacancy in Nepal, NGO career in Nepal 2023, Project Job Vacancy 2023, Planning officer job vacancy in Youth Innovation will be discussed here with full details regarding the job post and apply procedure.
Youth Innovation Job Vacancy for Planning Officer 2023 in Details:
Post: Planning Officer
Job Locations: Bishalnagar, Kathmandu, Nepal
Job Type: Full-time
Duration: Six Months’
Salary: NPR 50,000-70,000 (Negotiable) + Benefits
About the organization:
Youth Innovation Lab (YI-Lab) is a not-for-profit civic tech company that works at the intersection of emerging cutting-edge technological tools and their applications by equipping young professionals to solve emerging challenges in our community. YI-Lab’s mission statement is, ‘to engage young people to bridge science to people and policy through innovation’. YI-Lab harnesses indigenous knowledge, citizen science approach, develops low-cost technological solutions, promotes open data, promotes entrepreneurship, and conducts evidence-based advocacy campaigns. YI-Lab provides a conducive environment for young people to co-create solutions for inclusive development.
About the project
Using Climate Change Scenarios to Inform Community-based Adaptations and Planning in Nepal (CCSICAPN) project is funded by Frontier Technology and aims to develop ways to inform and capacitate local government to make use of existing data, policies, and technology to enable local government to implement DRRM and CCA related plans and interventions through data-driven decision making. CCSICAPN is an eighteen-month-long project that is being implemented in Bhotekoshi rural and Rajapur municipalities.
Job Description for Vacancy for Planning Officer 2023
Planning Officer will be stationed at the office of the local government. S/he will coordinate with the local government and lead the overall project implementation of project activities, ensuring effective and timely implementation of the action. The contract’s initial period would be six months, with possible extensions for a year based on performance.
Qualifications for Vacancy for Planning Officer 2023
Education and Experience for Vacancy for Planning Officer 2023
- A Minimum of 5 years relevant experience for Bachelors and 3 years for Masters in the field of disaster management, climate change adaptations, and local governance and research
- Understanding local governance aspects pf working is essential
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural context
- Experience of working directly with the local governments
- Proven experience in conducting workshops, training, and capacity building activities
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good writing skills
Roles and Responsibilities for Vacancy for Planning Officer 2023
- Review of policies, plans, and budgets of the Local Governments (LGs); analyze prevailing strengths and weaknesses in the existing climate change and disaster-related plans, if any; assess how the LGs carry out CC and DRR-related activities and their approach to local planning processes
- Support LGs to strengthen the capacity of LDMC members; sensitize LDMC members and support in making functional to carry out the roles and responsibilities as per municipal Act, policies, frameworks, and guidelines, national Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Act-2015 and Local Government Operation Act-2017
- Carryout the field visits and consultations meetings with ward offices, LEOC, DRRM committee and other concerned stakeholder
- Update with the project activities, interventions, outputs, and support the LGs to mainstream DRR/DRRM initiatives into LG’s system and support to implement them in the current fiscal year.
- Prepare the presentations and facilitate the field level activities for the use of data and information and mainstream municipal and national Act, policies, frameworks, and guidelines in planning process.; sensitize the local government about different data sharing portal including BIPAD Portal
- Sharing the knowledge and lessons learned from the municipality at the national level to the wider audiences
- Conduct a quarterly meeting at the local level; share the findings of the quarter, hear the issues, challenges and ways forward from the municipality
- Prepare a monthly and final report and success story (case study) of each quarter
We promote workforce diversity and highly encourage all the interested applicants, especially youth and young professionals including those who identify as women and indigenous community members/minority caste groups, to apply.
We are having interviews on a rolling basis, and encourage interested candidates to apply as soon as possible for Vacancy for Planning Officer 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
To Apply Click here and follow the procedure
Deadline for submission of application for Vacancy for Planning Officer 2023: 25 January 2023
Youth Innovation Lab (YI-Lab)
Banshidhar Marga, Bishalnagar, KMC-5, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal, Bagmati Province.
Phone Number: +977-9851115919
Read Also: Latest jobs available in NGO/INGO in Nepal