Vacancy Notice for Front Office Assistant from Practical Action will be discussed here with full details.
Practical Action: We are an international development organization putting ingenious ideas to work so people in poverty can change their world.
We help people find solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. Challenges made worse by catastrophic climate change and persistent gender inequality. We work with communities to develop ingenious, lasting and locally owned solutions for agriculture, water and waste management, climate resilience and clean energy. And we share what works with others, so answers that start small can grow big.
We’re a global change-making group. The group consists of a UK registered charity with community projects in Africa, Asia and Latin America, an independent development publishing company and a technical consulting service. We combine these specialisms to multiply our impact and help shape a world that works better for everyone.
We help people find solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems, made worse by catastrophic climate change and persistent gender inequality. Our aims are to:
- Make agriculture work better for smallholder farmers, many of them women, so they can adapt to climate change and achieve a good standard of living
- Help more people harness the transformational effects of clean affordable energy and reduceavoidable deaths caused by smoke from indoor stoves and fires.
- Make cities in poorer countries cleaner, healthier places to live and work.
- Build disaster resilience into the lives of people threatened by hazards – reducing the risk of hazards and minimising their impact on lives and livelihoods.
HOW WE WORK
We work on holistic solutions that change systems and have a framework to help us achieve our aims:
- Analyse the root causes of a poverty and vulnerability
- Define the change at scale we need to make
- Develop activities along three complementary paths: Demonstrate, Learn and Inspire.
– Demonstrate that our solutions are sustainable in the real world
– Learn by capturing evidence and adapting our approach
– Inspire wider support to multiply our impact.
Practical Action is an unconventional, multi-disciplinary changemaking organisation
- A highly innovative community development charity operating in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Practical Action community projects use ingenious ideas to design, test, refine and prove new ways to overcome poverty and disadvantage and then ‘open-source’ knowledge of what works so that it can be implemented at a greater scale by others.
- A world-class consulting operation that helps socially responsible business, government policy makers and other development organisations. This draws on learnings from our own development work as well as the combined brainpower of a roster of over 2,000 expert consultants. Practical Action Consulting helps to extend the reach of our influence by providing the best advice to others, whose work can make a bigger difference.
- A well respected specialist development publisher. Practical Action Publishing brings together development practitioners, researchers and thought leaders to create publications that stimulate discussion, strengthen peoples’ capabilities and inspire sustainable change.
Front Office Assistant
Responsible to: Administrative and Programme Officer
Line Manages: NA
Unit: Finance and Services
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Purpose, Scope and Relationships
The purpose of the role is to manage front office. The post holder will provide secretarial service as and when required. Make appointments and inform concerned staff, handles and types correspondences. S/he will support in Administrative and People & Culture related work.
The scope is to be responsible to improve office environment, layout and overall environment of front office area. S/he will maintain leave records, organize/manage vehicle movement and maintain digital updates of staff movement/hall and vehicle movements.
The key working relationship is with the Finance & Services and People and Culture Unit. The role will engage and collaborate with all staff and external visitors.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Handle incoming and outgoing calls. Scan calls and/or take messages as appropriate.
- Compile phone/mobile bills every month from the internet and forward to Accounts Section
- Attend to visitors and handle accordingly.
- Ensure overall cleanliness and tidiness of office with support from Support Staff.
- Register, update and maintain the mailing system with sender and receiver’s detail. Use appropriate means of postage as instructed.
- Tally with mail register and use of courier service bills and forward to Accounts Section.
- Manage vehicle bookings according to staff requirements and update in digital board/ Coordinate with Service team for field bookings and file vehicle request forms.
- Manage hall bookings according to staff requirements and arrange logistics as necessary
- Be the focal person for handling ticketing.
- Support in travel arrangements for international visits such as accommodation, facilitate in visa processing.
- Arrange hotel reservation as and when required.
- Support to manage drivers and support staffs in effective way.
- Support in updating vendor/supplier database in Share point.
- Maintain leave records, update and circulate to all staff on monthly basis.
- Generate the biometric attendance database monthly & submit to Officer – People and Culture.
- Support with preparation of summary sheets & logistics related to recruitment if required.
- Coordinate with People & Culture (P&C) team to process for issuance of ID and visiting cards of staffs.
- Carry out other responsibilities as directed by Administrative and Programme Officer/Administrative Associate.
To be successful in the role, the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- At least 3 years of working experience in the front office management or secretarial work experience
- Secretarial training from reputed institute will be added advantage
- Strong communication skills and fluent in spoken and written English and Nepali
- Knowledge and skills in basic computing
- Willingness and enthusiasm for working with multidisciplinary team
BEHAVIOURS & MOTIVATIONS
The most important practical behaviors, for role success are:
Qualifications: Intermediate level in related discipline
Closing date for applications: 17 January 2023
Submit a cover letter along with the duly filled standard application form to: email@example.com
To apply Click here