Vacancy Notice for Program Coordinator from Save The Children will be discussed here with full details and for the apply this post click the given below link.
Job Post: Program Coordinator – C19RM – (2300000K)
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In Nepal and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and future we share. Save the Children expects that anyone associated with it abides by its Safeguarding and other Zero Tolerance Policies.
The Program Coordinator – C19RM is responsible to support in the implementation of C19RM activities planned under C19RM grants that includes following up the activities in three entities (NCASC, NTCC and EDCD). This position will be stationed in SCI country office who will closely work with Program Manager-Covid 19 and different stakeholders, that includes planning of project activities in close coordination with partners and other stakeholders, quality monitoring and reporting of the project’s progress.
Beside this, the incumbent is responsible for the coordination, collaboration and building linkages with government, UN and nongovernment stakeholders.
The position is responsible to meet compliances on project management at various stages of implementation as guided by SCI policies and the donor policies; support field team for effective implementation to follow SCl compliances & working principles throughout the project cycle
Project Planning and Budgeting
- Provide technical support to government to achieve the project results, planning, and budgeting of C19RM activities in accordance with the Global Fund compliances, SCI policies and the national COVID 19 strategic plan.
- Prepare detail implementation plan (DIP) and its phased budget, and workplan in coordination with PSM, Finance and thematic focal person and technical advisors.
- Review the plans and budget of the entity based on donor and government’s national priority plan & policies.
- Coordinate with technical advisors, entities, field team for reprogramming of C19RM grants to submit with Global Fund for their approval.
- Compile project plan, DIP, Budget and timely submit to Program Manager-COVID 19.
- Coordinate the activities related to EDCD (both malaria program and COVID-19) under C19RM for effective implementation through EDCD, NTCC and NCASC.
- Liaise with NCASC and NTCC for activities under integrated approach of COVID-19, HIV, TB and malaria
- Liaise and coordinate with provincial governments in monitoring the implementation of activities under the interventions planned through C19RM grant.
- Coordinate the recruitment of remaining HR under C19RM grant.
- Coordinate and support the orientation of HRs recruited by government under this grant and monitoring their activities as per their TOR.
- Work with the M&E team to track the progress of the activities and to develop a mechanism to monitor the expected outputs by the additional HR under the C19RM grant
- Develop ToRs, liaise with EDCD and relevant government units for implementation of activities planned to be carried out through consultants or consulting agencies.
- Work with the NTD/VBD Section on tracking the progress of integrated approach to COVID-19, TB, HIV and malaria programs through deployment of PHIs and CHWs
- Work with PMU of entities and different section of government in implementation of activities such as Malaria Mobile Clinic, Responsive Spraying, field epidemiology training, POE strengthening, DR center strengthening, nutritional support to the key population.
- Work with the Epidemic and Outbreak Management Section in implementation of COVID-19 related interventions under the C19RM grant.
Project Progress Review and Monitoring
- Understand the project methodology, prepare and implement tools and checklists for monitoring the progress using these tools and checklist
- Work closely with the PC M&E team to collect progress and output level data for reporting purpose.
- Prepare monthly progress report of the activities, track the progress and document best practices on monthly basis.
- Work closely with data management and documentation coordinator to prepare quarterly progress report of the grant.
- Assist PMU for necessary changes in their original plans, if required
- Share project progress, issues and plans for upcoming months.
Coordination, Collaboration and Networking for Advocacy
- Establish institutional relationship with relevant government line agencies particularly EDCD, NCASC , NTCC, PHDs , and POEs authorities, health facilities for effective implementation of the projects, SC’s visibility and sustainability of the project interventions
- Work in close coordination with other themes and projects such as PSM, Finance, M&E, documentation etc.
- Work closely with the technical advisors of three diseases and laboratory for the quality implementation of the grants.
- Strengthen networking and coordination at national and sub national level for resource maximisation.
- Collaborate with EDCD, NCASC and NTCC officials to include C19RM activities in Government Red book and ensure effective implementation.
- Represent Save the Children and its values at national and provincial level.
- Participate in the planning and budgeting meeting of entities along with other key players.
Work as and when required fulfilling Save the Children’s dual mandate of development programs as well as being the leader in Emergency preparedness and response for children/vulnerable communities.
Qualifications and experience:
- Master’s degree in public health or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of working experience in development projects/programs, especially related to public health domain.
- Prior experience in COVID-19 related program/project will be an added advantage.
- Sound working experience with federal and provincial government in relation to public health response and health system strengthening.
- Proven ability in project management in cross cultural environment.
- Demonstrated ability in use of computer application,
- Strong analytical and writing skills with demonstrated ability to write progress reports, project briefs, developing process guidelines and quality benchmarks
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills to work with diverse team and effectively working with governments and non-governments
- Excellent spoken and written communication both in English and Nepali.
Required No.(s): 1 (Nepalese Citizen Only)
Contract length: Fixed Term
Location: Country Office, Kathmandu
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Jan 12, 2023
For Apply Click Here