WHO Nepal is seeking a dedicated Vaccine Safety and Research Officer (VSRO) in Nepal. As an MBBS holder, your expertise is valued. This one-year role under a Special Services Agreement (SSA) is a chance to contribute to critical research. Apply today! Vaccine Safety Officer, Research Job Nepal, Medical Research Role, MBBS Qualification, Special Services Agreement, Nepal Healthcare Career, Public Health Research, One Year Contract Job, SE_NEP WR Office Position, Nepal Job Opening 2023, WHO Jobs, WHO-IPD, WHO Nepal Vacancy 2023, INGO Jobs, INGO Career in Nepal 2023, Job Vacancy will be discussed here with full details.
Vaccine Safety and Research Officer (VSRO) – Job Opportunity in WHO Nepal
|Position: Vaccine Safety and Research Officer (VSRO) – (2309152) |
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 1 Year
Job Posting: Oct 26, 2023, 3:39:05 PM
Closing Date: Nov 9, 2023, 4:44:00 AM
Primary Location: Nepal
Organization: SE_NEP WR Office, Nepal
Schedule: Full-time Monthly Salary: (Net of tax) NPR 196,102.00
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
Objectives of the Programme:
The Immunization Preventable Disease Programme of WHO Nepal (WHO-IPD) has been providing continuous technical assistance to the Government of Nepal (GON) mainly in areas of vaccine preventable disease (VPD) surveillance and immunization, for over past 25 years. In addition, WHO-IPD has also supported the government in various emergency responses including the 2015 earthquake and COVID-19 surveillance and response. WHO-IPD operates through a nationwide network of 15 surveillance medical officers working through 10 field offices managed by a central coordinating office.
WHO-IPD has provides technical assistance in informing immunization policy through operational research and has provided pivotal support to the National Immunization Programme (NIP) of Nepal in achieving polio free status and sustain neonatal tetanus elimination and in controlling measles, rubella, diphtheria, hepatitis-B, Rota virus, Japanese encephalitis and other VPDs. WHO-IPD provides technical support for routine immunization, new vaccine introduction, surveillance for priority vaccine preventable diseases such as polio, MR, NNT, JE and sentinel surveillance such as rotavirus and IBD.
Who-IPD also provides technical support for different expert committees of the National Immunization Program such as National Immunization Advisory Committee (NIAC), National Adverse Event Following Immunization Investigation Committee (AEFI-IC), Inter-agency Coordination Committee (ICC), National Verification Committee for Measles and Rubella Elimination (NVCRME), National Certification Committee for Polio Eradication (NCCPE) etc. WHO-IPD has provided continuous technical support in vaccine safety and Adverse Event Following Immunization (AEFI) surveillance throughout the country at national and sub-national level. The technical support for vaccine safety and AEFI surveillance will be extended to MR campaign and HPV vaccine introduction in 2024 while continuing for RI and COVID-19 vaccination.
Purpose of the position
The Vaccine Safety and Research Officer will provide technical assistance for routine immunization, COVID-19 Vaccination, and other vaccination campaigns (MR and HPV) vaccine safety and AEFI surveillance.
Description of Duties:
Under the overall guidance of WHO Representative to Nepal, Medical Officer and Team Lead IPD, direct supervision of the Immunization Cluster Lead and in close coordination with New Vaccines Officer and all clusters of WHO-IPD, the Vaccine Safety and Research Officer performs following functions:
- In close coordination with Family Welfare Division (FWD) and National AEFI Investigation Committee, provide technical support in AEFI surveillance at national and sub-national levels.
- In close coordination with Provincial AEFI Investigation team and Surveillance Medical Officer, ensure all the AEFI cases are timely reported and investigated, and technical reports are submitted
- Provide technical support to the National AEFI Investigation Committee of the National Immunization Program in conducting causality assessments of all reported serious AEFI cases.
- Provide technical assistance to Family Welfare Division for causality assessment final report preparation and feedback to concerned provinces and districts.
- Coordinate with Family Welfare Division and Department of Drug Administration (DDA) for reporting of serious AEFI case in Global AEFI surveillance database
- Provide technical support in updating and finalization of AEFI guideline and relevant training materials for national and sub-national level training and orientation on vaccine safety and AEFI surveillance.
- Provide technical assistance in training and orientation related to vaccine safety and AEFI at national and sub-national level.
- Provide technical support to strengthen risk communication activities at national and sub-national level and crisis communication during mass campaign.
- Provide technical support in research related to immunization and AEFI surveillance.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisors. This includes duty travel or duty-station reassignment on short notice as per the program requirements.
Desirable: Post graduate qualification in one of the following disciplines or allied disciplines would be considered an asset: General Medicine/ Paediatrics / Community Medicine/ Public Health / Epidemiology / Global or International Health.
At least two years’ experience in public health or related works; or at least one year experience in health sector/clinical medicine and one year experience in public health.
- Experience of working with national or international immunization programs and/or vaccine safety surveillance program.
- Prior experience of working with WHO/UN agencies.
- Prior experience of working in the government public health system
- Prior experience of working with NGO and/or INGO sector agencies.
Functional Knowledge and Skills
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work as a team member in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to travel within the country and to perform practical hands-on field work.
- Ability to participate actively and cooperatively in knowledge sharing and policy forums at various
- levels and to coordinate with the GoN agencies.
- Good knowledge in vaccine, immunization, and surveillance sector.
- Good analytical skills including ability to collect and analyse technical and clinical data and to draw and present technical conclusions in written and spoken form.
- Very good writing skills in English, including ability to write clear and concise progress reports, analytical reports, plans and proposals.
- Good clinical medicine, diseases, adverse event knowledge for application in vaccine safety and AEFI surveillance.
Other Skills (eg IT):
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: word processors, spreadsheets and other data processing, presentation programmes, Outlook and Internet and email is essential.
- Proficiency in Statistical / Epidemiological Analysis software desired.
- Able to follow instruction and work independently would be an asset.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English and Nepali
Monthly Salary: (Net of tax) NPR 196,102.00 at single rate (taxable as per Nepal Government laws and appointment will be through Special Services Agreement (SSA))
Grade: SSA Level 8
Duty Station: Kathmandu, WHO-IPD Teku office with visit at sub-national level
- This Vacancy Notice may be used to fill similar positions at the same level.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test and interviews will be used as a form of screening
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- Any extension of appointment would be subject to programmatic requirements, performance of the incumbent and availability of funds.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
(Note: We simply posted this job opening for informational purposes. So, please read the information and submit an application using the website or email address provided.)
Connects with Our Social Media
|Join in Telegram Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in WhatsApp Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Facebook Page||JOIN NOW|
|Join in YouTube Channel||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Viber Group||JOIN NOW|