Don’t miss the UN job opportunities in Nepal, join WFP Nepal (United Nations World Food Program in Nepal) as a Partnerships Officer. Help fight hunger and support strategic objectives, apply by deadline. UN Jobs, Partnerships Officer Jobs, Job Opportunity, Zero Hunger, Nepal Vacancy, UN Careers, INGO Jobs, WFP Jobs, WFP Nepal Vacancy 2023, Online Application Methods, Vacancy in Kathmandu, Application Deadline, Job Vacancy will be discussed here with full details.
Job Vacancy Post
WFP Nepal is Hiring a Partnerships Officer
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
|Position Title||Partnerships Officer|
|Contract Type||Fixed Term (FT)|
|Contract Duration||12 months (renewable)|
|Duty Station||Kathmandu, Nepal|
|Date of Publication||03 Nov 2023|
|Deadline of Application||16 Nov 2023|
WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary plus a medical insurance (https://newgo.wfp.org/collection/medical-insurance-coverage-scheme-mics-cigna )
- Guided by the Corporate Partnership Strategy, to support effective management of relationships and collaboration with external partners. To ensure a flow of relevant information between WFP and partners, and support opportunities for synergies that maximize results.
- Nepal Country Office requires a national Partnership and Reports Officer to support WFP’s effective positioning with public, private and external partners to attract policy support, resources, technical assistance and innovative solutions to advance the work of WFP, while supporting member states in the achievement of the SDGs and Zero Hunger and emphasizing WFP’s contributions in this regard.
- The incumbent will report to the Head of External Relations and will be part of a team that manages both partnerships and reporting responsibilities for the WFP Nepal Country Office, including a broad array of traditional international government donors and is looking to expand the partnerships with International Financial Institutions and the Private Sector, as well as growing avenues of Innovative Financing and South-South Triangular Cooperation. The Officer will also support the Operational Information Management and Performance Reporting (OIM & PR) activities and contribute to the establishment and presentation of standard operating picture of WFP programme portfolio and associated results that facilitate informed and timely decision-making at all levels throughout the organization.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The incumbent will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Support in the implementation of the work plan for the assigned area to enable WFP to identify, develop and strengthen quality partnerships in support of WFP strategic objectives.
- Proactively contribute to a partnerships portfolio, including donor knowledge management and outreach activities, with the aim to maximise resources and leverage policy and technical support for WFP’s work.
- Contribute to partnership strategies, including the development of partnership action plans.
- Support the head of partnerships by undertaking private sector mapping exercise. Conduct a due diligence on specific private sectors if necessary.
- Support senior managers in the preparation of strategic agreements, joint strategies and MoUs in order to promote the SDGs and Zero Hunger on the national, regional and global agendas and to reach advantageous outcomes for WFP.
- Support in drafting a well-researched concept note and project proposal.
- Support the revision of reporting templates and prepare the country office reports, leaflet of each programme activity, donor reports, etc.
- Collate inputs from colleagues for proposals and reports, as well as for internal and external communications materials, e.g., briefs on WFP’s activities.
- Draft quality partner proposals and reports by engaging with other WFP entities and external stakeholders.
- Support the head of partnerships to prepare talking points for events, briefing kits, funding proposals in close coordination with relevant units.
- Support communication with donors, such as drafting thank you letters and assisting with planning donor meetings and field missions.
- Collate inputs for and create donor advocacy materials, such as advocacy one-pagers to highlight programmatic solutions and funding needs.
- Assist with grant management, such as monitoring end dates, reporting and visibility requirements, and requesting extensions.
- Establish dashboards and tracking programme performance and pertinent M&E information for better operational information management, as well basic headline numbers and information such as beneficiaries reached, top line funding, and status of implementation and bottlenecks.
- Support the preparation of the Annual Corporate Report (ACR) for the Annual Reporting Exercise in collaboration with the programme, monitoring & evaluation, and resource management functions, among others, by coordinating to ensure coherence and quality of performance information.
- Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in Political Science, International Development, Development Economics, International Relations, Law, Marketing, Communications or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
Language: Excellent knowledge of English language both oral and written.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- At least one year of relevant professional experience in partnership and reporting roles. More years of relevant professional experience in the area of work is desirable.
- Has a good understanding of the context and the host government, its systems and processes, and ideally budgetary and economic knowledge.
- Has a basic understanding of international government donor and international financial institutions strategies.
- Has experience in building and managing relations with host government, international government donors and/or international financial institutions.
- Has developed effective relationships with partners and explored new areas to scale up existing activities and researched new opportunities.
- Has developed powerful narratives by using data analysis visualization to enable action-oriented discussions with partners.
- Has provided advanced technical support and identified opportunities for service delivery excellence to strengthen partnerships.
- Has motivated team spirit and contributes to inclusive and sound working environment.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- General knowledge of information management best practices, techniques and processes with some understanding of the basic theoretical background.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including substantive analysis and report writing skills.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly assimilate, UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK: COMMON STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOUR
- Leads by example with Integrity
- Drives results and Delivers on commitments
- Fosters inclusive and collaborative teamwork.
- Applies strategic thinking
- Builds and maintains sustainable partnerships
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Request for Disability related Reasonable Accommodations:
It is important to WFP to create an accessible and inclusive workplace for everyone. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the selection and hiring process, please direct your request and inquiries to email@example.com. A member of the HR team responsible for reasonable accommodation will contact you to confidentially discuss your needs.
This email is only to be used for any disability related accessibility requirements and not for sending the application itself. Due to the volume of applications, any applications or CVs sent through this email address will not be considered a formal application and will not receive a reply from WFP.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
To apply for this job or details please visit: career5.successfactors.eu
Note: We published this job vacancy only for the information. So, please read the details and apply on the mentioned website or e-mail address.
(Note: We simply posted this job opening for informational purposes. So, please read the information and submit an application using the website or email address provided.)
Connects with Our Social Media
|Join in Telegram Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in WhatsApp Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Facebook Page||JOIN NOW|
|Join in YouTube Channel||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Viber Group||JOIN NOW|