New World Bank Group Job Vacancy for Administrative Officer 2023 Banking Career in Word Bank in Nepal, Administrative Officer job Vacancy in World Bank 2023, Bank job vacancy 2023,World Bank Group Job Vacancy will be discussed here with full details regarding the vacancy post.
What we do:
The World Bank Group works in every major area of development. We provide a wide array of financial products and technical assistance, and we help countries share and apply innovative knowledge and solutions to the challenges they face.
World Bank Group Job Vacancy:
World Bank Group Job Vacancy, The World Bank Nepal Country Office in Kathmandu seeks to recruit a dynamic professional as an Administrative Officer:
World Bank Group Job Vacancy in Details:
|Job Title||Administrative Officer|
|Type of Job||Full Time|
|Required Language||English; Nepali.|
|Recruitment Type||Local Recruitment|
|To Apply||Click Here|
|Closing Date:||1/31/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC|
Description of World Bank Group Job Vacancy:
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank consists of two entities – the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and the International Development Association (IDA).
It is a global development cooperative owned by 189 member countries. As the largest development bank in the world, the World Bank provides loans, guarantees, risk management products, and advisory services to middle-income and creditworthy low-income countries, and coordinates responses to regional and global challenges. For more information, please visit www.worldbank.org.
Regional Context for World Bank Group Job Vacancy:
The South Asia Region (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka) is at a crucial stage of development. Rapid economic growth, driven by urbanization and demographic dividend, has brought down poverty rates, but severe forms of exclusion and disparities based on ethnicity, caste, and gender remain. Rapid growth has also come with congestion and pollution in cities. South Asia is more than other regions affected by changes in temperature and extreme weather event. Additional challenges are that South Asia is underperforming in exports, has large informal sectors and low female labor force participation rates. All these challenges must be addressed to secure rapid growth in coming decades.
Private sector led growth, focused on investments in infrastructure, energy, logistics and cities are essential to generate the jobs needed to employ South Asia’s sizeable youth population. At the same time, the region needs to continue building human capital so that South Asia’s population is well equipped for the jobs of the future.
The World Bank in South Asia: https://www.worldbank.org/en/region/sar
Nepal Country Management Unit (CMU)
The Nepal program has a portfolio value at about US$3.0 + billion. Nepal is implementing the Country Partnership Framework (CPF) with priority in three focus areas: (1) Public institutions and policies, (2) Growth and employment, and (3) Inclusion and resilience.
The World Bank country program provides financial support and technical advisory services across a broad range of sectors, with focus in infrastructure, energy, human development services, climate, and disaster risk management.
In addition, the priority of the program is also to support implementation of federalism. World Bank assistance is channeled through government system for agreed development priorities. Technical Teams from the World Bank are drawn from staff in the Kathmandu Office and from around the world.
The Nepal Country Management Unit (CMU) in the World Bank Kathmandu Office provides Administrative and Client Support primarily to the task teams based in Kathmandu but also to visiting missions. Given the scope of the country program and magnitude of the administrative and operational tasks, World Bank Group Job Vacancy support is required from an Administrative Officer (Grade GF).
World Bank Group Job Vacancy for Administrative Officer – GF
World Bank Group Job Vacancy, is looking to appoint an Administrative Officer who will be innovative and capable of navigating the shortest path through the Bank’s internal processes. Delivery of quality work requires high caliber staff, striking the right balance between technical excellence, country knowledge, and client focus. This position is critical to the overall performance of the Nepal Country Office. The selected candidate will report to the Operations Manager.
Purpose and Scope of the Position for World Bank Group Job Vacancy:
The selected candidate from World Bank Group Job Vacancy will supervise the Bank’s administrative functions at the Nepal Country Office. An important area of responsibilities for the selected candidate is to ensure full compliance with local laws and regulations in the Bank’s administrative dealings; ensure full compliance with Bank polices, rules and processes; ensure that Bank resources are used efficiently and cost-effectively with the highest standards of integrity and transparency. The incumbent will supervise about five Bank staff and several outsourced staff including drivers and messengers.
The position entails interacting with the Budget, Performance Review & Strategic Planning (BPS), General Services Department (GSD), Corporate Security (GCSSC), Health Services Department (HSD), Information and Technology Solutions (ITS), Administration and Client Support (ACS) Team, Human Resources (HR), Country Management Team, and a wide spectrum of Global Practice (GP) staff and the external business community. S/he will interact frequently with government or other similar organizations and provide mentoring and guidance to junior staff.
Roles and Responsibilities for World Bank Group Job Vacancy
The Administrative Officer will report to the Operations Manager of Nepal Country Office.
(i)General Administration/Facilities for World Bank Group Job Vacancy
• In collaboration with GSD, oversee the day-to-day operations of the outsourced administrative services for the Office, including regular and periodical needs for housekeeping services, and oversee travel agency, office cleaning services, cafeteria services, newspapers supply, drinking water supply and office coffee/tea service.
• Ensure efficient, smooth and consistent internal administration environment in the Office by assisting and advising staff regarding the Office’s administrative policies/procedures i.e. leave administration, travel, etc.
• Ensure internal comfort of staff and visitors at the workplace premises.
• Supervise the Country Office mail room, mail courier services, office stationery supplies and to ensure an efficient record keeping and inventory system of stationery and other supplies.
• Supervise car purchase/disposal and bidding processes.
• Build and maintain good working relationships among internal and external clients of the Bank and Administration unit.
• Implement the Bank and the Region’s administrative policies such as travel policy; manage programs so as to achieve policy compliance, as well as balance of cost efficiency and business needs being met.
• Responsible for archived records management and document storage as per WBG policies and procedures, including disposal/incineration.
• Provide administrative advice and other support to other World Bank Offices as needed from time to time.
• Lead office aesthetics and greenery efforts.
(ii)Supervision of the Administrative Team for World Bank Group Job Vacancy
• Supervise a diverse complement of regular, contract, and short-term staff in the administrative functional area, including annual performance reviews.
• Supervise and coordinate with vendors providing administrative support, including Drivers and Messengers.
• Assign and review work assignments of the administrative staff.
• Institute quality control measures.
• Train and motivate staff to provide effective and efficient support as a team.
• Supervise Receptionist and the staff in the Mail, Messenger Service, and Switch Board service.
• Ensure efficient and effective provision of mail delivery, diplomatic pouch, and messenger services.
• Ensure effective back-up arrangements and timely submissions of tasks/outputs.
• Encourage and promote teamwork within the administrative group.
(iii)Management of Administrative Procurement contracts and processes for World Bank Group Job Vacancy
• Contribute to the activities of the Administrative Procurement Review Committee (APRC) for Nepal Country Office.
• Contribute to APRC work and provide inputs to Administrative Procurement Plan and the Request for Proposal/RFP processes.
• Supervise Vendor registrations process.
• Closely work together with GSD and BPS subgroups to improve controls over procurement and vendor registration.
• Responsible for quality control of services delivered by internal and external administration services providers.
(iv)Transportation for World Bank Group Job Vacancy
• Manage Office transportation policy and use of Bank-owned vehicles.
• Manage implementation of contracted transport services, and address issues as they arise.
• Implement more outsourced transportation service options to fill the gap between office owned transportation resources and the client needs.
• Work with the Security Officer in the implementation of Bank Road Safety Transportation Policy.
• Lead the team to provide administrative support for major events/activities including VIP visit(s) to Nepal Country Office, in liaison with other stakeholders and deliver such a top priority task to ensure success of the event(s).
(vi)Support to Visiting Missions
• Supervise team members on providing timely and accurate information to and about Visiting Missions, including updating and routinely sharing the Visiting Mission Guidelines and the mission welcome package.
(vii)Liaison with Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the following:
• Manage permission for duty free items, including vehicles.
• Ensure arrangements to obtain vehicle registration number/insurance and renewal on annual basis.
• Manage clearance/permission for the airport VIP facility for WB VIPs.
• Ensure Protocol services, i.e. meet, greet, and provide departure services for VIPs at airport.
• Ensure Visa arrangements/”on arrival visa” for visiting mission members.
(viii)In support for relocating staff members:
• Ensure support to the Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS) and their family members to obtain visa.
• Ensure arrangement of privileged passbook from Customs Authority.
• Ensure arrangement for the clearance of relocating staffs’ personal effects as well as vehicles.
• Assist IRS staff to find vehicles locally or to import vehicle by following proper Government processes/permissions.
• Ensure arrangement of vehicle insurance and registration.
• Ensure arrangements for the transfer/sale of vehicles from one passbook to another privileged person or Nepali national by obtaining relevant permissions from NBR and Customs.
(ix)Reporting, Communications and Liaison:
• Produce monitoring and other customized reports for Country Office Management.
• Proactively establish and maintain interface with the client, internal and external.
• Participate in CMU and staff meetings. Provide reliable information, ensure effective back-up arrangements and timely submissions of tasks/outputs.
• Advise/liaise with staff in the country office in order to improve knowledge and awareness with respect to Bank and local/National policies, processes, internal control policies and procedures.
• Ensure compliance with specific Bank, regional and local/National guidelines through ongoing dissemination of information to the administrative team and the staff of country office.
World Bank Group Job Vacancy for Work implies frequent interaction with the following:
• Internal: Staff within the Nepal Country Office and other Administrative/GSD/RM staff in the South Asia Region Vice Presidential Unit and counterparts throughout the Bank.
• External: Consultants, Vendors and Counterparts in other relevant organizations.
Selection Criteria for World Bank Group Job Vacancy
A relevant Advanced Degree, preferably MA/MBA in related field.
• Knowledge of general software applications, e.g. SAP, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• At least 5 years’ experience in the Administration, Finance or Operations, with at least 3 years in a supervisory capacity acquired in a large international organization or a large national or multinational corporation.
• Fluency in English and Nepali.
Essential Specialized Skills/Knowledge/Competencies for World Bank Group Job Vacancy:
• Demonstrated ability to lead and supervise diverse resources and staff; with high sensitivity to cost effectiveness, quality and timeliness of delivery.
• Strong interpersonal skills, able to persuade others and commit them to the desired course of action.
• Ability to identify gaps and not only conceptualize a better state but also consult and convene others to work towards the selected course of action.
• Ability to manage various tasks, deal with rapidly shifting priorities, provide support to staff and deliver against competing timelines.
• Capacity to work simultaneously, effectively and efficiently on a variety of diverse issues and tasks, independently adjusting priorities and achieving results with agreed objectives and deadlines.
• Ability to operate effectively in a matrix management environment, as a team member as well as a team leader.
• Strong client focus including good interpersonal, diplomatic and team building skills required for building and maintaining collaborative relationships.
• Strong communication skills, including the ability to speak persuasively and explain policy, process and procedural guidelines effectively, in writing and orally, including situations requiring negotiation with vendors/contractors.
• Ability to provide guidance and mentor junior staff, as needed; and willingness to learn new skills and seek help from others.
• Capacity to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environment and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues at all levels.
• Committed team player with demonstrated ability to effectively work in a collaborative fashion across organizational boundaries.
• Understanding of information systems and ability to identify and apply technology to enhance efficiency.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability for World Bank Group Job Vacancy.
Contact Details for World Bank Group Job Vacancy
World Bank Country Office Contacts
Kathmandu, Yak and Yeti
Phone Numbers: +977 1 4236000
+977 1 4226792