YI-Lab (Youth Innovation Lab) New Job Opportunity for Climate Fellowship Coordinator. Apply Now and Join Energetic Innovative Youth Team of Nepal. Coordinator Career, NGO Career, Climate Fellowship Coordinator Jobs, Vacancy in Kathmandu, Youth Innovation Lab Vacancy, YI-Lab Jobs, Job Vacancy will be discussed here with full details.
YI-Lab (Youth Innovation Lab) New Job Opportunity
Position: Climate Fellowship Coordinator 2024
- Job Type: Full-time
- Duration: One year with possibility of extension
- Salary: NPR 55,000-65,000 (Gross, Negotiable)
About the organization
Youth Innovation Lab (YI-Lab) is a not-for-profit civic tech company that works at the intersection of emerging cutting-edge technological tools and their applications by equipping young professionals to solve emerging challenges in our community. YI-Lab’s mission statement is, ‘to engage young people to bridge science to people and policy through innovation’. YI-Lab harnesses indigenous knowledge, citizen science approach, develops low-cost technological solutions, promotes open data, promotes entrepreneurship, and conducts evidence-based advocacy campaigns. YI-Lab provides a conducive environment for young people to co-create solutions for inclusive development.
About the project
Nepali Yuwa in Climate Action and Green Growth (NYCAGG), https://theyouthcan.org/, project is funded by the European Union to promote the involvement of young Nepali people in green growth, environmental protection, and combatting climate change. NYCAGG is a four year-long project that will be implemented in Madhesh Province, Karnali Province, and Sudurpashchim Province through the consortium partners Youth Innovation Lab (YI-LAB), Restless Development Nepal, CREASION, and CDMS. In 2024, the project will be implemented in Sudurpashchim Province.
NYCAGG focuses on working with young people, and empowering and providing them a platform to aid towards the post-COVID recovery and development process. Furthermore, the activities under Climate Fellowship, Climate Smart Entrepreneurship, Mentee-mentorship, Digital Advocacy, and Youth Sounding Board work towards empowering young people, providing them employment opportunities, generating innovative ideas to address climate and environmental issues, and advocating for policy changes to promote environmental protection.
YI-Lab invites dynamic and enthusiastic Nepali citizens to apply for the following position.
Climate Fellowship Coordinator will lead the overall Climate Fellowship activities by ensuring timely implementation of the Climate Fellowship. S/he will coordinate with Climate Fellows, the technical team, and the project support team for the implementation of the activities. S/he will be responsible for communicating and coordinating with partnered provincial and municipal governments. S/he will coordinate with LDCRP expert and Climate Fellows for the development of LDCRP and frequently report the fellowship updates to Project Lead and monitor and document the progress.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Climate Science/Studies, Disaster Risk Management, or any other relevant field. Master’s preferred.
- At least three years of working experience in Climate Change Adaptation, Disaster Risk Management, Vulnerability and Capacity Assessment
- Understanding and knowledge of Bipad Portal and prior experience of working with local governments to develop LDCRP is an advantage.
- Working experience with young people and youth engagement is an asset.
- Prior experience of working with EU/USAID/FCDO funded project would be a plus.
Skills and competencies
- Ability to develop and maintain coordination and contact with partnered Provincial and Municipal governments.
- Coordinate with young people and guide them accordingly.
- Efficiency in GIS.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in organizing events, consultation, and training.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Nepali.
- Attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines, track progress, and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Advance skill in using Computer and IT, and good experiences in using the digital platform.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure the overall coordination with LDCRP expert, technical team, and Climate Fellows for the implementation of Climate Fellowship activities to achieve desired outcomes and outputs.
- Ensure regular communication and coordination with partnered provincial and municipal governments for the timely and effective implementation of Climate Fellowship activities.
- Prepare a detailed work-plan of Climate Fellowship in line with the approved proposal, plan, budget, and logical framework.
- Organize training and orientations for Climate Fellows.
- Ensure timely, effective, and efficient implementation of Climate Fellowship activities.
2. Coordinating and networking
- Be the focal point to communicate regarding Climate Fellowship.
- Maintain close coordination and contact with partnered provincial and municipal governments and coordinate for MoU signing with the concerned governments.
- Coordinate regularly with LDCRP expert and Climate Fellows and provide them needed guidance.
- Prepare brief project updates and monthly financial reports of Climate Fellowship.
- Submit narrative progress reports and financial reports on the agreed timeline.
- Submit the annual report at the end of each project cycle.
- Collect and compile learnings, good practices, and case studies from the field.
4. Monitoring and evaluation
- Carry out internal monitoring of Climate Fellowship activities.
- Frequently monitor and evaluate the data quality and information provided by Climate Fellows.
- Facilitate internal/external evaluation as per project requirements.
5. Compliance to policies, rules/regulations, and guidelines
- Adhere to YI-Lab’s organizational policies, procedures, regulations, and guidelines.
- Ensure that the organization and donor’s compliance are met.
We promote workforce diversity and highly encourage all the interested applicants, especially youth and young professionals including those who identify as women and indigenous community members/minority caste groups, to apply.
We are having interviews on a rolling basis, and encourage interested candidates to apply as soon as possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
Please click on Apply Now! button to submit your application. For more information on Youth Innovation Lab, please visit https://youthinnovationlab.org and if you have any inquiries, please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for submission of application: 22 November 2023
(Note: We simply posted this job opening for informational purposes. So, please read the information and submit an application using the website or email address provided.)
Connects with Our Social Media
|Join in Telegram Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in WhatsApp Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Facebook Page||JOIN NOW|
|Join in YouTube Channel||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Viber Group||JOIN NOW|