New Internal Audit Specialist Job Vacancy 2023 in Care Nepal, Project Jobs in Care Nepal, INGO jobs in Nepal, Jobs in Kathmandu, Career in Care Nepal 2023, Internal Audit Specialist Job Vacancy will be discussed here with full details regarding the vacancy post.
Internal Audit Specialist Job Vacancy in Details:
Functional Title: Internal Audit Specialist
Responsibility Level/Grade: Specialist / 5
Department/Project/PN: Central Office, Kathmandu
Work station: Kathmandu based with frequent field visits
Incumbent’s Name: TBD
Supervisor/Principal Evaluator: Country Director
Technical Supervisor/Co-Evaluator: Finance and Admin Director
JOB SUMMARY INTERNAL AUDIT SPECIALIST
The Internal Audit Specialist will provide an independent appraisal of CARE-Nepal’s financial, program/project, operational, and control activities.
The incumbent will be responsible to conduct audits for management to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of control, accuracy of financial records, efficiency of operations and the extent to which assets are accounted for and safeguarded.
S/he will examine the financial/operational records, process,
documentations and reports to ensure compliance with CARE USA asserted controls, donor requirements and applicable laws and regulations. S/he inspects accounting and operational systems both at CO and the Cluster to determine their efficiency and protective value; determines deficiencies in control, duplication of efforts, extravagance, fraud, or lack of compliance with management policies or procedures. The incumbent prepares reports of findings and recommendations for management.
This position will also be responsible to provide training on Fraud and will be responsible for fraud investigation in close coordination with the internal audit team in CARE USA as per the need basis. CARE Nepal internal audit charter defines internal audit purpose, authority, responsibility and position within an organization. The Internal Audit Specialist will provide an independent appraisal of CARE-Nepal’s financial, program/project, operational, and control activities based on internal audit charter.
The Internal Audit Specialist may carry out following types of audit and or review as required:
- Operational economy, efficiency and effectiveness
- Financial accounting and reporting
- Compliance with procedures, and govt./donor regulations
- Investigations of fraud, thefts, losses, or misappropriations
- Information system operating controls and security
- Program impact and output (fiduciary risk)
The employee shall fully comply with the safety and security procedure of CARE and should be accountable for it.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS INTERNAL AUDIT SPECIALIST:
R1. Audit and Compliance for Internal Audit Specialist
- Prepare periodic internal audit plan focusing on the materiality/risk and perform audits based on a systematic and risk/exposure methodology
- Provide an independent appraisal of CARE Nepal operations through the verification of accountability, physical safeguards, and valid use of allocated assets. (This service is often performed in conjunction with an audit of an individual department or function).
- Conduct special or requested audit as required by CARE Nepal, CARE ARMU, CARE USA, donors and relevant statutory authorities.
- Provide a written report, based on the review or audit containing an opinion on the degree of compliance with CARE USA asserted controls, donor requirements, government regulations and CARE Nepal policies/procedures and making recommendations for improving operations and preventing/detecting irregularities across CARE Nepal.
- Perform follow-up reviews to appraise management of post-audit actions and provide assurance that implemented changes adequately resolved audit findings. (These reviews also ensure that upper management has been properly notified of the CARE Nepal exposure related to unresolved audit findings)
R2. Internal Control and Management for Internal Audit Specialist
- Examining and evaluating, through periodic and surprise audits, the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control systems implemented by CARE Nepal and partner NGOs.
- Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity
- Inspect cash on hand, notes receivable and payable, negotiable securities, and canceled checks to confirm records are accurate
- Examine property and inventory to ensure proper recording, control and safeguarding of assets.
R3. Fraud and Fraud Investigation
- Timely prepare and submit the Initial fraud reports to CARE USA upon suspicion of fraud.
- Lead on any fraud-related investigation along with other team members assigned by CD
- Ensure timely investigation and share the findings with fraud reports, ARMU and AMS.
- Identify the control weakness and recommend corrective measures to prevent subsequent recurrences.
R4. Partner NGOs
- Assess financial and operational capacity of PNGOs through periodic visit/walkthrough test and random document review
- Identify areas of improvement in the internal control systems of PNGOs, provide appropriate feedback for strengthening their systems/policies and contribute to their capacity building.
- Conduct loss/fraud investigations in determining the cause and amount of the loss, and recommend corrective measures to prevent subsequent recurrences.
R5. Liaison and Coordination
- Provide input in the recruitment and selection of external auditors and provide necessary support to timely completion of statutory audit.
- Work as a bridge between the external auditor and CARE Nepal management and facilitate common understanding in the contentious issues
- Liaison and coordination with donor-specific auditors, CARE USA Internal Auditor team and other l auditors as required
- Provide input in the development of new systems or enhancements to current systems, to promote the design of adequate internal controls prior to implementation and reduce the need for corrective measures at a later date
- Provide advice and support to Country Director in audit and compliance-related matters
- Perform any other relevant jobs which will not impact the independence of the internal audit function.
AUTHORITY FOR INTERNAL AUDIT SPECIALIST:
Significant Authority: None
The Internal Audit Specialist reports directly to the Country Director with technical supervision from the Country Finance and Admin Director. S/he is authorized to carry out comprehensive audit assignments throughout CARE Nepal in the country headquarter, cluster offices and partner organizations as required.
In accomplishing these results, s/he has full, free and unrestricted access to all organizations functions, records, property and personnel to
examine them, as required. The Internal Audit Specialist is required to maintain functional independence and will have no role in the day to day operations or management of the organization.
This position is based in Kathmandu with frequent travel to Field Offices and partners offices.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Professional accountancy certification (ACCA/CA/CPA)/ Masters in Business administration or equivalent with at least 3 years of experience in the relevant field.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE FOR INTERNAL AUDIT SPECIALIST:
- Strong knowledge and experience of the auditing procedures and practice of NGO and INGO.
- Knowledge and experience in financial and administrative procedures
- Good understanding of the rules and regulations of GON related to income tax and other issues.
- Report writing skill
- Able to work in the Team
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Must be willing to spend excessive lengths of time in the field.
- Tactfulness and aware of the strategic aspect of dealing with various stakeholders.
- Proficient in the use of word processing and spreadsheets software packages
- Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to CARE’s core values and humanitarian principles.
To Apply Click here