Samyukta Safai Jagaran New Vacancy 2080: Project Coordinator Job Opportunity at Smyukta Safai Jagaran (SASAJA) for Kathmandu Nepal for “Healthy Waste Workers for Sustainable Waste Management” Project. Apply now and start career with SASAJA. Project Jobs, NGO Career, NGO Jobs, Samyukta Safai Jagaran Vacancy, Vacancy in Kathmandu, Nepal Jobs, Project Coordinator Job, Healthy Waste Workers for Sustainable Waste Management Project Job, NGO Job Vacancy will be discussed here with full details.
Post: Project Coordinator
|Duration||6 Months (Renewal)|
|Duty Station||Kathmandu Valley|
|Anticipated Start Date||As Soon As Possible In December 2023|
|Number of Positions||1|
|Closing Date for Applications||24th November 2023|
Short Information About Organization
Samyukta Safai Jagaran (SASAJA) is a non-governmental, non-profit making, non-political organization established by the groups of informal waste workers in 2013. SASAJA focuses on the recognition, rights and advocacy for IWWs. SASAJA want to advocate to the government especially on recognizing their contribution to waste management, government trust funds for IWWs and access to social health insurance. SASAJA is providing monthly education to their group members focusing in savings and credit and solid waste management.
SASAJA is implementing “Healthy Waste Workers for Sustainable Waste Management” project with technical and financial support of Médecins du Monde- France (MdM-F) in Kathmandu Valley and Sisdole landfill site of Kakani Rural Municipality. SASAJA will contribute to ensuring that waste workers’ issues are better addressed within the health care system, livelihood and institutional linkage. Through the project, SASAJA identify the target groups and aims to support them with different activities to mitigate the Environmental and Occupational Risks and improves access to health care, economic opportunities linkage with non-profit enterprises for sustainable livelihood.
Main aims of the post
Project Coordinator is responsible for the project implementation and management including monitoring, networking, coordination and Planning. The Project Coordinator works in close coordination with Project Manager and the project team.
Hierarchical positioning: Reporting directly to the Project Manager of SASAJA.
Planning and Implementation
- Coordination and implementation of project activities and programs.
- Organize meetings with focal people and potential group such as donors, community mobilizers, informal waste workers and enterprises members.
- Rapport building with Community Mobilizers.
- Regularly review and monitoring the project related data to ensure program implementation activities and beneficiaries’ progress are on track and report the progress.
- Develop projects and innovative waste based business initiatives for Safai Yodda (Non-profit Enterprise of informal waste workers)
- Responsible to develop and conduct PSA campaign and mobilize in the community.
- Responsible to produce weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly reports to be submitted to Project Manager.
- Assist the Project Manager in the development of project management documents such as project budget, project schedules, scope statements and project plans.
- Formulate plans and activities, coordinate for feasibility studies and detailed planning surveys
- Ensure the appropriateness of the selected enterprises.
- Identify, assess and communicate risk associate with the implementation of project and develop its mitigation plan.
Documentation and Reporting
- Develop and implement systems for effective documentation of program activities and ensure that all program-related documents are maintained properly and communicate to the concerned as appropriate including analysis of trends, successes, challenges and recommendations for improvement.
- Assist the project manager in submitting the monthly, quarterly and annual progress report (e-copy) and hardcopy of the carried activities within the stipulated time frame.
- Support to develop all the project activities reports with disaggregated data.
- Responsible to create and submit additional supporting documents related to project activities upon specific request.
Networking and Coordination
- Network and liaison with relevant stakeholders: non-profit enterprise (Safai Yodda), SWM committee (KMC ward 19, KRM ward 2), agency partners, relevant actors, community partners, local governing authorities and among IWWs.
- Identify key stakeholders, including project beneficiaries, community members, partners and donors and establish effective communication channels to engage and inform them about the project’s progress
- Develop and maintain high quality and accountable- relationships with community partners that add value to HWW4SWM activities, services and resources.
- Regularly review project progress, challenge and participate in monitoring of plans and programs.
- Support in facilitating and preparing draft guidelines, policies, communication documents and other documents related to waste pickers and their contribution in waste management
- Facilitate public hearings, reviews and trials and ensure the practice of collective accountability, transparency and good governance.
Empowerment, Training and Education
- Contribute towards developing and implementing new ideas/ innovations and documentation of processes and result based on learning.
- Operationalize and implement project’s strategic communication plan aligned with project goals and objectives.
- Support to develop a local empowerment mechanism, training and education designs as relevant.
- Support mobilizers in conducting training/ orientation to informal waste workers and related stakeholders.
- Ensure proper documentation of the project including learning, lessons learned, best practices, case studies.
- Participate actively in any research activities initiated by the partners, own learning process and support other staff for the same.
- Accept additional duties and responsibilities for betterment of the project and the organization.
Monitoring Evaluation and Learning
- Follow the project M&E mechanism
- Regular monitoring visit and handle any issues that may arise
- Monitor the activities of Safai Yodda
- Keeping track of project indicators in regards of project LFA
- Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation plans and framework for projects, programs or organizations when necessary
- Support team to monitor budget implementation and project expenditure and support budget revisions when required
Profile of the ideal candidate
Required Education & Experiences
- Master Degree in Public Health.
- At least 2 years of experience in Program/project develop, management, planning, implementation, reporting, monitoring and evaluation for Master in Public Health and 7 years of experience for Bachelor in Public Health.
- Experience working in Waste management sector with professional ideas of community mobilization along with knowledge of livelihood enhancement of waste workers
- Experience in working with communities and less advantaged beneficiaries
- Experience in facilitation, coordination and liaising/ dialogue skills with government and non-government agencies, concerned stakeholders, private sectors and
- Experience of project budget and financial management is a must
- Experience in leading/managing a team is an asset
Skills and qualities required
- Proactive, well organized and ability to manage priorities, adaptable, reliable, accountable and responsive personality
- Leadership, team-working and coordination skills
- Interpersonal and verbal communication abilities, charisma, tact and diplomacy, intercultural and difference awareness
- Assertiveness, mediation and negotiation, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Experienced with computer skill including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, emails and other communications tools
- Committed to rights based and gender & child sensitive work. Well Commitment to basic workplace values and policies. Able, willing and committed to work with people of different backgrounds.
- Contribute constructively to a working environment based on mutual respect, trust and commitment.
- Having motorbike license would be an added advantage.
- Nepali: mother tongue
- English: fluent – both oral and written
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates meeting the above qualification and competency are encouraged to apply with their current CV and application letter to the email address email@example.com within 24th of November 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Telephone enquiries shall not be entertained.
Smyukta Safai Jagaran (SASAJA)
Address: Mayalbari, KMC -12 44600
This Job Opportunity May Also Best for You: British Gurkhas Nepal (BGN) Vacancy 2023 for Fridge Mechanic Post
Thank you so much for reading the job vacancy post ”British Gurkhas Nepal (BGN) Vacancy 2023 for Fridge Mechanic Post” till the end. If you have any doubt and hesitation regarding this vacancy on your mind then you are requested to comment down or message us through our social medias , we will reply you as soon as possible because we are ready to help for you.
Dear Jobseekers, If you wants to get foreign or national latest job vacancy opportunity alerts then stay tuned and follow us on our various below :
|Join in Telegram Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in WhatsApp Group||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Facebook Page||JOIN NOW|
|Join in YouTube Channel||JOIN NOW|
|Join in Viber Group||JOIN NOW|
Note : Simply, we shares national and international job opportunity through this website for the educational and informational purpose only. We are not any hiring company and hiring agency. So please read the job vacancy information completely and submit an application using website, email address or manpower details above mentioned.